Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Danielle's POV

Mr Brooks' words were still whirling in my head like a tornado.

The words were still clear in my mind, ''Come live with me''.

Could I really move in with him? Would it be too weird considering he was one of my teachers? But it felt like we shared a bond together. He was already like a father to me, and I wouldn't be too surprised to find out if he was really my long-lost father.

My rent was already dued, and I didn't had enough money. If I didn't pay up by the end of today, they'd kick me out. I knew I had to make the decision now, seeing as the landlord had warned he would be coming over to collect the rent. If I don't pay up then, he'd call some movers and move my things out. I didn't had anywhere to go.

I weighed my options. If I live with Mr Brooks, I don't have to worry about my rents, and if I don't, I would be stuck living by the streets.

Yeah, I guess it was obvious. Living with Mr Brooks it is.

He had already left with Matt minutes ago, leaving me to make my decision. Matt. My heart swelled with happiness at his name, and a faint blush to crawl up my cheeks. My fingers involuntarily travelled to my lips where I had kissed him. It felt so right, like we were meant to be.

If Matt was willing to take the risk of dating his student, I was sure going to do the same!

I didn't really know anything about being in relationships though, because as you have already known, I have been living 13 years without being exposed to social life.

I sighed in content, and decided to relay this happy news to Mike. I checked my reflection in the mirror and skipped towards the warehouse

''Hi!'' I shouted happily as I walked through the doors.

''Hey...Danielle...'' Mike looked at me suspiciously. ''Why the sudden mood?''

''Oh, nothing,'' I replied innocently, batting my eyelashes.

''One word, hon, and that is bullshit. What happened?'' He raised an eyebrow. I thought about Matt and what had happened this afternoon. A faint blush blossomed my cheeks. Wrong time. ''OH MY! Please tell me you and Matt are like together? I saw him coming with your so-called father. I mean, I've seen the way your eyes dimmed in dissapointment when you realised he was avoiding you. I knew you like him since...forever!''

''Gosh Mike, do you really have to say that aloud?'' I asked looking around in embarrassment. ''Look, some people are looking our way. Nicely done, Mike...real nice,'' I stated, sarcasm clear in my voice.

I knew most of the guys around here fancied me, but they knew better than to confess. The last time a guy confessed, I had straight on rejected him. In the nicest way possible, of course. They all knew I wasn't into relationships. Some thought I had rejected every single male because I was lesbian. That didn't end well...

Back to the present, Mike mouthed a sorry and brought me to his 'room' in the warehouse. ''Spill,'' he spoke as soon as we were a safe distance from the other guys' hearing range.

''So this morning, he had totally humiliated me in front of my class. He scolded and shouted at me. Trust me, I was about to hit him straight in the face. Then blah blah blah, and the next thing I knew he came to apologize with Mr Brooks and confessed he had been avoiding me because he felt something towards me.'' By now, Mike was sat next to me, his face showed excitement and eagerness. ''So then, I confessed to and one thing led to another, he kissed me and asked me to be his girlfriend, saying he'd take the risk for me!'' I concluded happily, grinning like a kid in christmas morning.