The Date Pt. One

Present time

(Ethan P.O.V)

I was a nervous wreck while I walked over to Hattie's dorm room, I was surprised that she was bunked with her cousin Maggie and they get along. Hattie hasn't even met Herkie, Maggie's brother but I don't think those two would get along as she does with Maggie, might be a girl thing, I don't know. This was going to be my first date with Hattie, and one to lead to more coming later down the line. My plan was to take her to the beach for a nice picnic by the ocean, then just a walk to just be ourselves. I didn't want to do too much to scare her away, I don't think I could but you never know. I wore a light blue polo shirt with khakis shorts with my hair actually not neat like normal, my wavy blonde-white hair was left be and I looked happy. 

Grabbing my keys, picnic basket, a large beach towel, sunscreen, and a fluffy blanket for later, I left my dorm and headed to Hattie's dorm room.

About twohour ago

(Hattie P.O.V)

I was panicking inside, today was the date between me and Ethan and boy am I nervous. Dating wasn't a thing on the Isle since we all knew each other since we were kids and there tends to e more rivalry's than romance if you understand that. "C'mon, I'll help ya, I've been on a date or two in my lifetime." Maggie told me and I quickly nodded my head, I've really warmed up to Maggie since coming here and I liked it, having someone to rely on other than Uma, Gil, Harry, and Dad. When we got to our dorm, Iris was there and she was excited, guess she found out about the date then. "Alright, close the door, let's get her ready." Iris ordered and then the door was closed and locked. They guided me to the bathroom where the tub was filled with water and bubbles, I heard giggling which meant nothing good but I let them do what they needed to do. 

I learned from Maggie to just let her do her thing, I wasn't going to fight her about something with her strength. The water was very warm and relaxing, I figured out how to extinguish my flames without bringing myself harm. So once my flames were out, my sapphire blue hair returned to its former glory, split ends and really bad care. "iris, get my scissors and hair care products, we got a mission in front of us." Maggie said and Iris ran out of the bathroom and went to gather those supplies. "Sorry Hats, but you need a haircut." Maggie apologized and then Iris returned with the stuff, our small trashcan we keep between the toilet and the sink was beside the tub and then Maggie started cutting my hair bit by bit. There wasn't really a proper way of taking quality hair care on the Isle, not even Lady Tremaine's hair salon had this kind of stuff. My hair was able to reach my butt in length, and I was used to keeping it in braids that were complex to make my hair look like it was shorter than it first was. Now it reached to my mid-back, a much more controllable length than before. 

The two let me wash myself as they worked on my hair so I was able to feel comfortable despite being in a very large bathtub. The last time anyone saw me naked was when I was eight and this was before Mom died, or so I thought at least. 

Flashback

(Hattie P.O.V)

"What do you mean that 'I'm your daughter?' My Mom was a mortal woman so was in love with my Dad?" I questioned the Goddess and she gave a sad smile. "When the Isle was first established, I was miserable without your Father. Your Grandmother was happy to have me all year round like things used to be, but I didn't feel happy after that fact. So I made a deal with Zeus, I would give up my being a Goddess on the Isle until the spell wore off. I accepted the deal, despite my Mothers pleads." She explained and she looked into my eyes, the same eyes I inherited from my Dad. "So I went to the Isle, and found your Father. He knew immediately that it was me, he saw through Zeus's spell and he told me about him being with Maleficent. it took me a bit to get over that, but if we didn't, then we wouldn't have had you not long afterwards." She told me and smiled so kindly. "When you were eight, I did seem like I was dying but in reality, the spell's power was finally fading and so I did 'die' in a sense. I wished I could've brought you with me, bring you to Olympus and have you be raised by your family there, but then you would've been lonely without your Dad and I couldn't do that to you." She told me and I sat down in a makeshift chair that poof'd into existence underneath me. 

"So all this time, you were alive?" I asked her, finally speaking after that explanation and she nodded. "I might not look like the woman you knew, but I am her my little light." She said and I started crying, that very nickname confirmed her sentence, only my Mom called me that. She then brought me into her embrace and I felt the familiar aura that Mom had. "I missed you Mama." I chocked out as I sobbed into her chest, she gently ran her fingers through my sapphire hair and I felt some tears fall down her face and onto my head but I didn't care. "I missed you too sweetie, you and Hadie, and of course your Father." She said and we both just in that moment, nothing could bring us down.

Flashback End

(Hattie P.O.V)

I was glad that Mom was alive, and while she did miss eight years in my life, she was more than ready to make up for them now. Once Maggie and Iris stopped with my hair, I was taken out of the bathtub and was covered in a warm robe, it was freshly dried and smelled clean too. More work was done to my hair and it looked completely different, it was still the same dark blue with white ends but the way that it presented itself was more, alive and healthy. A different Hattie than before. I was allowed to light my hair back on fire so once I did, the flames didn't extend past where the end of my hair was. Iris helped me into a dress and it was different than what I was used to wearing but I gave an open mind. 

It flowed to my knees and Iris said that it was perfect for where Ethan was planning on taking me

It flowed to my knees and Iris said that it was perfect for where Ethan was planning on taking me. I was given some socks that would cover my feet, but it wouldn't be noticed by my flats which were this bright grey color which was lovely. Maggie applied a small amount of makeup. "Please, not so much. I don't want to scare anyone." I pleaded but she laughed. "I've done this since I was nine, Aunt Persephone taught me." She explained and I felt a bit envious that she learned this from Mom but I though Mom was dead so I can't blame her. "I never got the chance to learn from my Mom, she died before I was able to learn. Plus Dad would freak if he saw me wear anything more than eyeshadow and lip gloss." I told them and Iris sighed. "Mom would sit down with me and have the maids help me understand everything, she was a bit of a novice so she had an expert help me." Iris explained and I laughed at that, Maggie and Iris smiled more after hearing that laugh. "Do you, fear your Dad?" Maggie asked suddenly and I immediately shook my head no. "Not in the slightest, sure he has a slight temper, but he never once took his anger out on me, or this one girl, Celia, who would bring him food if I wasn't able to. He's a teddy bear once you get past his whole Isle bad boy look he took on a few years back." I said and I sighed, realizing that once again, I was homesick. 

I couldn't get any letters to my crew, nor to Dad and Hadie who are most likely thinking that I forgot about them. Fairy Godmother wanted me to break my ties to the Isle, which was not gonna happen whatsoever. This might be a place where I'm staying, but the Isle is my home and always will be. 

Authors opinion: Hi everyone, and yes this chapter is a two parter, I didn't want to write the whole date into one singular chapter since that would be chaos and I'm tired as it is since I'm writing this on New Years. Yes, I'm spending my New Years, writing for you all, why cause I care about you all. Either way I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and until the next time bye