Awakening Audrey & Apologies

(Hattie P.O.V)

There was a knock on the door and I jolted up, Ethan followed suit and I walked over to the door and saw Ben standing there. "Hades is ten minutes away, wanted you to know and be awake. Is Ethan...?" Ben trailed and Ethan came over and the two looked at one another and the two hugged each other tightly. "I always knew that you two were meant to be. Get changed both of you." He said with a bright smile on his face and walked away, Ethan walked over to his closet and grabbed a pale blue suit and a white dress shirt. "You can change out here, I'll be in the bathroom." He said and with a kiss on the forehead, he walked into the bathroom to change. 

I summoned a dress and changed from my dirty outfit and changed into the dress. The dress was a pale blue with white spirals around the bottom, it rested on my thigh so I added white leather leggings and some black combat boots. My hair was a quick comb through and I was done. "Whoa, and I thought nothing you do would make you more attractive. Thought wrong." Ethan said and I looked at him and smirked, he looked very princely with his suit, and his hair was neatly put together like he used to have it. I walked over and ruffled his hair letting the hair be free. "C'mon, we better go and see Dad." I explained and so we left, hand in hand. I also noticed that he didn't wear his gloves so I was happy about that. 

We arrived and everyone was stunned to see Ethan except Ben, who was smirking at us. I rolled my eyes at the baby Beast and then I heard thumping, Dad was here. He came in with guards following behind him, and Mom was there as well. I could see a baby bump growing slightly and I smiled, they're having another baby and unlike Mal, I'm happy to be a big sister. "Thank you for coming." Mal said to Dad who looked at her with a disinterested look, he was not happy to be called for about this. "Didn't have much of a choice did I Mali?" He teased and she glared at him in return, I rolled my eyes and walked over next to Mal. "Can you please wake her?" I asked him, he looked at me with the same look that he gave Mal but smirked instead. "Since when did Heroes care about the Villains?" He asked and Ben tried to explain that she was one of their own. Dad then called out the hypocrisy in all of that and I agreed as did Ethan. "He is right, we should be caring more about the Villains than we have." Ethan said and I smiled and thanked him, Dad nodded his head in approval and looked at Mal. "I need my ember." He told her, his hand outward and she sighed and gave him his ember back. 

I could sense his full power returning to him, he walked over towards Audrey but Adam stepped in front of him. I heard the two growl and I was getting pissed. "Dad, Adam, both of you knock it off." I ordered and Dad stopped but Adam didn't back down. "Dad, enough. Hades is trying to help us, you're not helping in the slightest." Ben told his father who stopped after hearing his son's words. Dad walked over and began doing an incantation and something malicious came out of Audrey's soul. "Maleficent, or at least her magic. That was what controlled Audrey." I explained and Queen Leah looked like she wanted to faint and then Audrey awoke thankfully. Tears were already pouring out of her eyes at the realization of the actions she had done. "Welcome back Audrey." I simply said and she looked at me, she couldn't speak for one second until she finally got her voice back. 

"I... I wanted to hurt you, hurt all of you." She said and Ethan nodded. "And you did Audrey, you turned people in stone, cursed people to sleep, and nearly took me away from the one I love the most. You may have been taken over by Maleficent, however, it doesn't take away the fact that you harmed and threatened Auradon and its people. You will be severely punished for this, and not even your grandmother can stop it." Ethan stated and Audrey nodded, Ben and Mal stepped forward hand in hand. "Audrey, I owe you a huge apology for a long time now." Mal said and Ben nodded. "As do I, we shouldn't have thought that after everything that had happened, you would be okay." Ben explained and Audrey nodded and her eyes still held anger towards them. 

Ethan walked over to the foot of the bed and had his arms crossed. "Why did you steal the Sceptor and crown?" He asked the question we all wanted to know. "I... I don't know truly. All the anger and betrayal I felt since that Tourney game finally came into full force when Ben proposed. I am willing to take whatever punishment that I deserve for doing something like this. But... that Sceptor... I remember hearing a voice louring me towards it." Audrey explained and I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. "I was right then." I said and all looked at me, even Mal in confusion. 

"When we first defeated Maleficent, I always felt that it was too easy. She didn't just accept defeat, she created a backup strategy. Not only did she turn herself into a lizard, her current form, but also she placed her magic into the Sceptor, and waited until the perfect moment to enact her revenge and take over Auradon." I explained my theory and Mal didn't pick a fight this time. "Either way, her magic is no longer in this realm." Dad said and I looked at him. "It's inside of the ember, never to be seen again." He explained and we all let out a sigh of relief. "Let's let Audrey rest, I will be calling her parents and explaining the situation. Fairy Godmother, can you stay with her and make sure that nothing serious changes?" Ben asked Fairy Godmother who nodded at the order. 

Dad and Mom walked out of the room, and Mal followed. I watched Mal and Dad interact and saw her finally hug him, after all these years she finally accepted him as her father. "About time." I muttered and Ethan held me in his arms, I laid my head on his chest and sighed. 

Now how was I supposed to break the news to Ethan?

Authors opinion: Hey everyone, welcome to the final acts of this film. After all this time we finally are getting to the root of Mal's hatred towards Hattie and nothing will stop this train from stopping. Also yes I made Persephone pregnant, I wanted to bring some happiness to this chapter. The next chapter will be about finishing this movie and then, then we're getting to the juicy part, the truth beneath the anger from Mal. Either way stay tuned and so until the next time bye