Bringing It Down!!

(Hattie P.O.V)

When the carriage stopped, we were near the gates entering Auradon. "Why are we here?" I asked Ethan who shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, they didn't tell me." He said and I sighed and we stepped out of the carriage and we followed behind Belle and Adam, I couldn't help but cringe at the giant yellow flower in Belle's hair but I digress. When we saw the crowd, everyone began whispering and gasping, guess truly nobody but the Royal Family and the Core 4 knew I was back. "Don't worry about them, we have a plan to address your return." Ethan whispered and I sighed in relief. "Thank the Gods, I was not in the mood to try and explain everything that happened earlier this week." I whispered and he chuckled and I held onto him. The two royals looked at us and while Adam had a neutral look, Belle looked at us with a reminiscent look on her face and I smiled, she must've been remembering about her time with Adam after he returned to his true form. 

I saw Evie, Jay, and Carlos, all three looked comfortable here in Auradon and I'm glad to see that from them. Then we heard trumpets and a few moments later, we saw Mal and Ben, the two looked happy and I was glad despite everything that had happened between us all. I saw Mom and Dad in the crowd and I wished Hadie was with us here, but I sighed and pretended that having not seen my baby brother wasn't killing me inside. "Lady Mal and I would like to thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today. I couldn't be happier or prouder to call you my Queen." Ben announced and I rolled my eyes, while Ben might be mad at Mal, he does love her. He raised his glass of punch in the air and we all followed suit. "So, raise your glasses. To our future Queen of Auradon." He said and we all repeated the sentence and drank the punch. "Speech, your Special-ness!" Carlos called out. "Speech, your Fancy One!" Jay cheered as well and we all laughed at the boys, only those two would joke about something like this. 

Then Mal was silent, and that was scary, especially for Ben. "I can't. I can't be Queen of Auradon." Mal said and everyone gasped, I nearly choked on the punch I was still drinking and Ethan gently patted my back. "Mal?" Ben whispered and Mal began speaking. "I can't turn my back on the Isle." She said and I knew why she said that now. "We made a decision... to close the barrier forever. This was my idea, but it is a wrong idea." Mal told everyone and Ethan and I walked over to the two and I gently placed my hand on her shoulder, she turned to me and I smiled softly and she nodded. "I've learned... that you can't live in fear... because it doesn't actually protect you from anything." She said and we both chuckled at that. "You never know where the bad is gonna come from. And you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either." She said and she took a deep breath and continued. "Without Hattie and Uma and her pirates, Auradon would be gone. And without both Hattie and Hades... my father and sister..." Mal said and she said that while looking at me, and I smiled brightly and everyone gasped at that reveal. "Audrey would be gone." Mal revealed and Audrey looked down and Leah looked at her granddaughter. 

"We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from." She said and she looked at Ben with pleading eyes. "And that's why I can't be the Queen of just Auradon. I have to be Queen of the Isle, too. And it's time that we take down the barrier forever." Mal told Ben and he looked proud. "We can't do that." Adam said and I intervened. "If you were still King then you would have the say, you're not so stop trying to manipulate your son to fulfill your wishes." I remarked and Ben turned to look at his dad. "It's up to us, Dad." Ben remarked and that shut him up for good. "We chose to be rulers that move forward, not backward. It is time for forgiveness, for new beginnings." Ethan announced, making his presence known. "The barrier will come down!" Ben exclaimed and everyone cheered and Mal signaled the other VKs, the ones who started it all, to join us. Fairy Godmother handed the wand to Mal, and the others joined with Ethan and Ben behind us. "Together now." I said and we nodded. "To make the world a better place..." Mal started and all five of us finished. "We have to do it face to face." WE chanted and with that magic was shot to the barrier, disappearing completely, at least to the naked eye. I pulled Ben aside and whispered. "There's a trick to the barrier to keep those who don't want to change can't come to Auradon, though you would want to know." I whispered and he thanked me silently. 

Everyone cheered at the reveal of the golden and stone bridge permanently built between the two land masses. Then of course we can't go without singing, so we all joined in and it was fun. After all the dancing was done, there was a Chinese dragon in the colors of Mal and we enjoyed that and then I saw a flaming blue flame. "Hadie!!" I shouted and saw my baby brother, he turned and saw me and we both began running and we collided and I was laughing as I held my baby brother once again. "Mind if I cut in?" Dad said and I laughed as he held his son who was laughing as Dad hugged him tightly. I saw Hadie's Mom looking at me and she nodded, I nodded in return as she walked back towards the Isle. 

Ben and Mal walked over towards us and Hadie looked at her hesitantly and I sighed. "Hadie, be nice to Mal. She's our sister after all." I told him and his eyes widened and I forgot that he didn't know. "Um... alright then, when did that happen?" HE asked and I sighed and simply said. "It's a long story bud." I remarked and Mal nodded. "Are we invited to the wedding?" Dad asked and seeing Ben be awkward with Dad was hilarious and wished them the best but the glare he gave Ben was worth almost falling. "Welcome to Auradon Hadie." Ethan said and he fist bumped Hadie in response who enjoyed him. "Glad to be here, can't wait to spend time with my sister.... and Mal but I gotta know the story man." He said and I chuckled. "Later, but for now let's enjoy the festivities." I said and we began walking back towards the party. 

One by one we began leaving the area to return to Auradon Prep where the main party was going to be held, but not for us five original VKs. We walked back towards the bridge and sighed. "Do you ever miss them?" Evie asked, we knew what she meant. "Yeah." Carlos said and I sighed. "Always." I said and Mal asked if they missed us. "Yeah, of course." Carlos remarked and I shook my head. "Cause we're rotten." Mal said and brought my fist into the mix and that made me laugh. "To the core!" We said and Carlos said. "Hey, last one over the bridge..." He started and we all yelled. "Is a rotten apple!" We yelled and we all began running towards the other side of the bridge in glee. 

Authors opinion: We did it ladies and gentlemen, we're finally over the films. Started this in the middle of my senior year of high school at the age of 17 almost 18 and now finishing this soon at the age of 20 years old. I thank each and every one of you for following this journey but we aren't done just yet. Keep an eye out for the last few chapters to finish Hattie and Ethan's tale. And so until the next time bye