Chapter 1 - Letting go

If people were more thick-skinned, life would be much easier.

Forget about the situations of others throughout the past and those in the present. Let's consider Xu Bai Chuan's situation, he was seated across from his boyfriend on a sofa at this moment discussing their break up.

Normal people are called thick-skinned, but this person's skin was as thick as a city wall. No matter if outsiders carrying guns and sticks charge the place to attack, his city would remain as secure, mighty and unmoving as before.

Xu Bai Chuan had already mastered this skill long ago and even discovered a higher skill - If Mount Tai were to collapse, his facial expression wouldn't change, nor will his heartbeat change. His face wouldn't even redden, and he would continue talking and laughing as if nothing happened.

This was how the situation came to be:

When Tang Jin exited the car, he saw that the living room of the villa was brightly lit from the front entrance. As the breeze of the early autumn night was blowing, his mind that was muddled from drinking a couple cups of wine became quite clear.

Xu Bai Chuan was on the sofa scrolling through his phone and saw a photo on his 'friend's' Weibo. The place looked like a private room of a bar, the lighting was dark and there was a big cake on the table. Song Yi Yu closed his eyes and his hands were clasped together, looking like he must have been making a wish. Tang Jin was clinging closely onto him, with an outstretched hand reaching for the top of his head, head inclined towards him and the corner of his lips raised. The photo gave the impression of the two people being in a harmonious relationship.

Tang Jin's group of friends are the same as Tang Jin, whenever they run into Xu Bai Chuan, there would be a deathly stillness, the loudest sound would be the tap of chopsticks on a dish. And Song Yi Yu...

Forget about competing against him, there was no chance to begin with. There is no need to disgrace oneself with these thoughts.

Xu Bai Chuan pressed his thumb down on the screen to give a like on this Weibo post.

Tang Jin stood outside in the night wind for a little while, when his phone started vibrating in his pocket.

He accepted the call. "What's the matter?"

The person on the line was his friend -

"I just posted on Weibo and forgot to block Xu Bai Chuan. He saw the post, I reckon he's going to confront you when you return home. I'm sorry brother."

"What did you post?" Tang Jin asked.

"Just the group photo from today."

Tang Jin recalled the events of today; first of all, let's wonder whether Xu Bai Chuan would even dare to stir up trouble with him. He had only celebrated Song Yi Yu's birthday, they didn't kiss nor go to bed together, even if he did want to vent there was nothing to vent about.

"No big deal." He ended the call and entered the room. Xu Bai Chuan turned his head towards the noise, and said, "You've returned."

Tang Jin ignored statements like this which state the obvious. What nonsense. You've already seen me so of course you know I've returned.

He didn't feel like replying and directly passed through the living room to go upstairs.

"Wait." Xu Bai Chuan called out.

Tang Jin turned his head, asking in an impatient and annoyed tone, "Do you have something to say?"

Xu Bai Chuan nodded and said, "Let's talk."

Tang Jin's foot was already on the flight of steps and he frowned when he heard these words. They shouldn't have any matters to discuss. All of a sudden, he thought of the call with his friend. He clicked his tongue, leaned against the handrail of the staircase then pinched the space between his eyebrows. "Speak."