Chapter 34 - Prince

Discerning Xu Bai Chuan’s obvious disbelief, Tang Jin restrained himself from speaking and both of them ate this very simple breakfast.

Since it wasn’t good to jog after a meal, Xu Bai Chuan leisurely strolled back as Tang Jin silently walked beside him. When they arrived at the neighborhood entrance, Tang Jin finally stopped, gazed at Xu Bai Chuan’s disappearing figure and flagged down a taxi.

Xu Bai Chuan sighed with relief when he realized Tang Jin was no longer following him. Once he returned home, he cozied up on the sofa and uploaded a new chapter of his novel. Then he stretched his whole body and saw that it was already 9:30 am.

It just so happened that his phone vibrated twice at this instance. He picked it up, it turned out that Li Ge just texted him.

It’s unknown how Tang Jin resolved the issue but Li Ge requested him to resume work at the club. For a moment Xu Bai Chuan felt moved, after all, the job and atmosphere at DM club were relaxing, even making him momentarily forget those ceaseless matters that are even more nonsensical than dogblood novels. But when he recalled Century Rising Dragon, he realized that he cannot continue working there. Li Ge will be tormented by Tang Jin’s mother, then tormented by Tang Jin. It’ll be uncomfortable to face each other in the future if this happens so he tactfully refused.

Once again, he sent out his resume to several companies on an employment website. Then, taking advantage of his free time, he decided to sign up for piano classes at a place he came across while on his morning jog.

The image of Song Yi Yu standing underneath the beaming lights with the soft rays reflected on his eyelashes was still vivid in his mind. When he was younger, Xu Bai Chuan’s family circumstances were very good, though not to the extent of Tang Jin and Cheng Xu who were children of entrepreneurs. At the time, his parents had talked about calling a piano teacher over for lessons and Xu Bai Chuan had no objections to the idea since he was young and did as he was told. He never would have expected his mother to find out about his father’s affair the next day, which triggered a bitter fight between them and led to them parting on bad terms. Who was still in the frame of mind to care about his piano lessons?

In actuality, Xu Bai Chuan had slender fingers and distinct joints. There was a time when he shared a GIF of himself typing on Weibo which attracted the attention of many fans. Even Tang Jin really likes his hands. Every time they were in bed, he had always liked to hold onto his hands as he repeatedly entered his body.

Speaking of which, he also has a chance to become a prince. This also happens to be the type that Tang Jin likes. What a shame that by a quirk of fate, the Creator’s hand which should have held a paintbrush clenched into a fist instead.

Xu Bai Chuan paid the registration fee and on the road home, he ran into Shasha and its father who came out to make a living.

Behaving like a wild horse the moment it saw Xu Bai Chuan, Shasha bolted towards him. Luo Junyu, who had been tugged along immediately ran over, scolding Shasha while laughing. He appeared to be in a very good mood.

The issue with his live broadcasts must have been resolved.

Dogs grow a lot within three months. When they first met, Xu Bai Chuan could still stroll around for a while carrying Shasha, but now, he had to bend down to catch Shasha when it jumped up. Then he would have to place it back down after stroking it a couple of times. Luo Junyu asked, “Tang Jin isn’t with you?”

Xu Bai Chuan was startled. “How do you know his name is Tang Jin? No, that’s not it. When did you meet him?”

Luo Junyu was puzzled by his reaction. “He stayed over at my place yesterday. Didn’t he come to find you?”

“Yesterday?”

No wonder he was at the front door so early in the morning. It turned out that he was staying next door yesterday!

Xu Bai Chuan’s heart rate picked up and he probed, “Are you and him that close that you’ll let him stay over?”

Luo Junyu: “Didn’t you say he was your friend last time? When I went down to buy beer yesterday, he was just sitting at your front door. The corridor is very cold so I urged him to go back but he didn’t listen. When I told him to knock on your door to wake you up, he said that he didn’t want to disturb you, so I let him inside…What? You didn’t see him?”

It seemed that Tang Jin didn’t say anything on the lines of “I’m his ex-boyfriend”, otherwise he won’t be able to feel at ease. Coming over to sit by his front door in the middle night, had Tang Jin gone insane?

No wonder he was coughing like that in the morning! Had he waited an entire night just to say “I like you”?

Stop right there. Don’t think about it anymore.

It was easy to believe his love is reciprocated when overthinking this sort of thing. He had already tasted grief and the flavor was really hard to bear. He had no desire to recommit the same mistake.

Yet even if Xu Bai Chuan can control himself from overthinking, he cannot control Tang Jin from making a mess of things— Three days after he left, Tang Jin showed up again.