2

30 days ago

Ethan's POV

"ASHTYN IM GOING TO GET YOU FOR THIS!" I yelled as i chased my best friend through my house, she thought it would be fun to put blue hair dye in my conditioner and now I have a small strand of blue hair. I heard a small giggle come from the kitchen, I smirked I've got you now.

I slowly tip toed up behind and wrapped my arms around her waist, causing her to shriek and jump. "HOLY SHIT ETHAN WHAT THE FUCK?? you scared me" I smiled but it was quickly replaced with a smirk. "Ash?" I lifted my eye brow a her "what?" she asked innocently. Her eyes darted to my hair, covering her mouth to hide her laughter "awwww how cute Eth, you will definitely get the girls now" she giggled putting her hand on my chest as she pushed away from me.

"I meant what i said, i will get you back for this" I said as i flopped down on the couch beside her "ooo I'm so scared" she laughed flicking through the channels "you're staying tonight, right?" I asked as my eyes trailed up and down her breath taking  body while her eyes were fixed on the tv screen which sat on the unit opposite us "uh no sorry, Josh wants to take me out". My heart fell as she said his name, Josh, her boyfriend was the biggest player at our school he has slept with nearly every girl there and no I am not exaggerating. Ashtyn thinks he has changed for her, but once a player always a player and I know he won't stay with her for long seeing as though she is a virgin and she likes to reject people... a lot so believe me when i tell you she isn't easy.

"Oh ok, where are you two headed?" I asked scratching the back of my neck "I think we are just going to chill at his house for a while then go out dinner" I nodded my head as she stands up "where are you going?" "to Josh's house" she states in a 'duh' tone "oh, ok..... have fun but not to much fun!" she giggled at the end of my sentence, she thinks I'm joking if only she knew.

➵ ➵ ➵

I woke up to the sound of grind on me also known as my ringtone, hey don't judge. I lazily grabbed my phone from the coffee table and brought it to my ear as i accepted the call.

Italics = Ethan    Bold = Ashtyn

"hello?"

"E-ETHAN?!"

I instantly sat up "Ashtyn, whats wrong? you're crying. Are you ok?"

"C-can you c-come p-p-pick me up?" I listened to the hurt in her voice, I knew she was hyperventilating I could hear it and she only ever stutters when she hyperventilates or is nervous.

"Yes, where are you?"  My whole body tensed at her response; "Josh's house"

"I'm coming right now, pease stay with me, calm down and tell me exactly what happened"

➵ ➵ ➵

I swear to god when I get a hold of that dickhead I will make sure he suffers the way he made the girl I love suffer. Ashtyn didn't deserve this.

I held her close to my body after I had picked her up, we sat in the car outside Josh's house as sobs replaced the silence and I whispered calming things to her as I rubbed her back. "E-Ethan can we go back to your house?" she asked as she pulled away and lent her head on the window "sure princess" I started the car and turned the radio on so there wasn't complete silence. I looked over to see Ashtyn staring at her hands. Usually she would be humming along to the song but I guess after going through a traumatising experience you just aren't the same. (no shit Sherlock they would traumatised 🙄)

I slowed the car down, parking it near the front door "Ash, lets go inside" I whispered taking her hand to only have her flinch and pull away "sorry" i sighed as I got out of the car, making it over to her side where I opened the door for her. "I'm s-sorry Ethan" she sobbed out once we had gotten inside "why are you sorry?" I whispered not wanting to freak her out even more "I made you drive all the way out to get me, I got tears on your shirt and I was rude and pulled away when you were just trying to help me." I watched in disbelief she was crying even harder now. "Ash, it's not your fault and don't you ever be sorry for getting tears on my shirt, it would be an honour to be there for you, letting you snuggle into my chest as I whisper sweet nothings to you in hopes of comforting you" she looked up and a small smile tugged at the edges of her lips "you're sweet Ethan".

I laid her down in my bed as I took he couch which was on the other side of my room, usually we sleep in the same bed but I didn't think it was a good idea for me to be that close to her after what happened.

25 Days ago

I can't let him get away with it, hurting my girl like that. I don't care that she HAD a boyfriend or that we are best friends, she will always be my girl, the girl I love.

It's my job to protect her.

I waited until the end of the day when I knew he would be alone and everyone would be out of school expect him, he has solo training 3:50 on Wednesdays, after school on the school oval. Making my way towards the oval, I watched as he stretched. How dare he go about his life like nothing happened? like what happened five days ago never occurred. The thought of it fuelled my anger even more, balling my fist I picked up my pace before I knew it I was standing right in font of him.

Joshua Rivers

"Get out of my way!" he shoulder barged me as he made his way to his bag where he took out his water bottle. "How dare you?" I asked my voice low and my breathing heavy "fuck off man" he retorted placing his water bottle down on the bleachers. "YOU'RE A FUCKING CUNT THAT DOESN'T DESERVE TO LIVE. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THAT TO SOMEONE. ESPECIALLY NOT YOUR OWN GIRLFRIEND. MY BEST FRIEND!" I screamed stepping closer to him, we were about the same hight so we were eye to eye. "I don't know what you're talking about" he stated plainly.

This motherfucker is going to get it.

I gripped his shirt before throwing the first punch causing him to retaliate and punch me equally as hard "YOU FUCKING RAPED HER! YOU TOOK HER VIRGINITY!" A smirk appeared on his face after I said that which caused my anger to rise. Soon I was on top of him throwing punch after punch, I stood up adding a few kicks to his stomach which caused him to cough up blood. "She won't go to the cops and you know her parents are never around. But don't think I won't tell the cops. FOR FUCKS SAKE I WILL MARCH DOWN THERE RIGHT NOW!" I screamed kicking him one last time which caused his eyes to close and his breathing to slow.

15 Days ago

"Ethan Dolan you are found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, you are hear by sentenced to one year in a juvenile detention centre followed by one year of parol which will determine your full release or not." My whole world slowed down as the judge read out my sentence, my eyes darted to my family who sat in the front row with Ashtyn, the other side was filled with Joshua's family.

I never meant for any of this to happen. For my best friend and love of my life to be raped by my childhood best friend, to have beaten Joshua to death or to go to juvie and be on parol for a year. Thats two years of my life which may or may not be extended depending on what happens in juvie and when I'm on parol.

"You will have fifteen days with your family until you are taken to the juvenile detention centre located three hours north. Kyle will be your person officer who will stay with you, monitor you at school and any other public place you wish to visit." I ducked my head as the tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Court dismissed"

I stayed in my seat next to my lawyer as my family ran towards me. I looked up to see tears in all their eyes "I'm sorry" I said to all of them as I was taken into a hug, I knew this hug. It was the type to send tingled down my spine and want me craving more. I wrapped my arms around Ashtyn's small body as she laid her head on my chest "I'm so sorry Ethan, you don't deserve this" she whispered.

A/N
Involuntary manslaughter is accidentally killing someone or killing someone without meaning to. Ethan meant to beat him but not kill him so his was convicted with involuntary manslaughter instead of murder.