32

Ethan's POV

"We are gathered here today to pay our respects to Ashtyn Martinez, who was sadly taken from us." a loud sob escaped my mouth as I rested my head on my Cameron's shoulder as she cried. "Ashtyn was a caring person, her memory shall never die. She will live on in memory and spirit."  

I watched as Ash's parents walked to the front. their sobs echoed through the church. "sssshhhhh" Cameron whispered in my ear as she rubbed my back. "There was one person Ashtyn cared about most and we were unfair to him. Ethan, if you want to we would like you to say a few words?" I looked up to see her parents looking directly at me. 

I slowly got up looking at my parents who smiled at me and nodded. I took several deep breaths as I walked up, her casket was directly in front of me. I ran my hand along the top "I love you" I whispered as I let a tear drop onto it. 

I turned facing everyone and the microphone. "I-im Ethan and well....... I was in love with Ashtyn. I am in love with Ashtyn." I corrected myself, I watched as people gave me painful smiles and looked at me with sympathy. "I've always loved her, she has always been the one. There was so many things that I wanted to say to her.  So many things I wish I did for her, I feel like its my fault. I should have done something to prevent this. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everyones loss. I'm sorry. I had a plan, I would propose to her when we were old enough, we'd get married. Start a family, we'd be together until death do us part. But I guess we skipped everything went straight to the last one. I honestly don't know how I'm going to survive without her, I really don't know but i'm going to try because I know thats what she would have wanted. No matter how many years pass she will always be in my heart, the love of my life. My soul mate." I wiped the tears as I walked back to my seat. 

"That was beautiful" Cameron whispered as we continued on with the funeral.

I watched as her family members placed roses on top of the casket "Come on Ethan" Grayson pulled me up and gave me a rose. "I'm will always love you Ash" I whispered as I kissed the rose before placing it down. 

I watched as the casket was lowered and the ceremony came to an end. Everyone gave each other their condolences before they headed off. "Those were some beautiful words Ethan" I was approached my Ash's grandmother. "Thank you Melinda" she was short but strong, her weak arms pulled me into a hug. "Ashtyn has always loved you, I know she has had a lot of boyfriends but she tells me everything and Ethan you were the only person she every talked about" I smiled but my heart ached. 

"I know she would want you to move on, don't let this ruin your chance at a second love" "how am I supposed to love someone else when I lost my first love, how am I supposed to live without her?" Melinda gave me a sympathetic look before walking away. "I lost my husband, i was hard but I survived. You are strong Ethan you can do the same" she said before she continued on.