18

Ethan's POV

"I read it" I stated as I sat down on the familiar white couch. "You did?" Mike asked in awe, I just nodded as I clutched the folder closer to my chest. "And what do you think?" he asked sitting on the edge of his seat leaning over awaiting my answer a little too eagerly.

"I-I don't know..." I breathed out, I looked up to see my therapist with a confused look on his face. "I mean, I want to. I would love to, you have no idea how much I would love it. But I-I don't know if I can." Mike''s eyes softened in understanding as he reached out to get the folder. I quickly pulled it closer to my chest and glared at him "sorry, apart from the obvious what else was in there?" He asked sitting back on his black chair.

"A note and photos" I stated plainly shutting my eyes swallowing the lump that formed in my throat. "Photos of?" I sighed before opening the folder, picking up the photos I stared at them. "Ethan, it's ok" I looked up noticing my eyes were watering as my therapist stared at me. "They must be important huh?" I nodded my head biting my lip to avoid a loud sob that threatened to leave my lips. It was silent a I stared down a the photos in my hand. "Can I see them?" He asked softly I didn't say anything I just stared at her beautiful face before I slowly passed the five photos over.

He sat there silent just looking at the photos. The photos of Ashtyn and I together, smiling and laughing. "Wow, I can see the love in your eyes" he whispered as he turned one of the photos showing Ashtyn asleep in my arms as I started down at her, Cameron took that photo she said she needed to capture the love for Ashtyn that was held in my eyes. "That's what my sister said" he smiled a bit before looking through the rest of them. He passed them back with a sad look in his eyes "I'm sorry you're stuck in here and can't be with her." I nodded along as I gave the photo of Ashtyn a soft kiss before putting them back in the folder. "In my opinion, I think you should do it. I will be good for you and I know you want to. You can do it Ethan, you're strong and you may not get another chance like this. You need this, she needs this. Don't just do it  for yourself do it for her."

I sighed as I slowly removed the document from the folder. "Can I borrow a pen?" He nodded passing me a pen with a hundred watt smile. I shut my eyes as the tip of the pen hit the paper, I opened my eyes as I slowly glided the pen across the paper leaving my signature on three lines.

I let out an uneasy breath before my face was filled with a smile, Mike noticed my happiness "wow. I haven't seen you this happy since.... Well I've never seen you this happy." We both kept out smiles. "Read the important parts out to me." He smiled gesturing to the important document in my hand.

"Ethan Grant Dolan two day release pass. Officials have assessed Ethan Dolan through his therapist: Mike Gale and his person officer/security guard: Kyle. This inmate shows great strengths and is physically healthy but seems to be lacking in emotional health. Mike Gale believes his patient would benefit from visiting his friend: Ashtyn Martinez who is currently in hospital undergoing chemotherapy due to cancer found two years ago."

I took a deep breath as I read on.

"Ashtyn Martinez does not have a high chance of survival. 'Ethan Dolan needs to see her before it's too late' was stated by Mike Gale. Meaning for both subjects, The officials agree with this statement and the reasoning behind it. Ethan Dolan will be granted two full days release accompanied by Kyle and his therapist. Rules and regulations must be fully read over and the inmate must understand ever single rule and regulation before signing to agree to them."

I finished with a huge smile on my face even if it did faultier when they talked about Ashtyn's health. "Kyle and I have to go over the rules and regulations again with you but other than that it all seems in order once I submit the signed copy. "Mike?" I asked handing him the document "yeah?" "Thank you." He nodded before he buzzed the door to be open and in walked Kyle.

"Did you sign it?" Kyle asked as we walked towards the day room, I nodded my head as we walked in. Jackson and his crew were seated on the opposite side of the room to the art supplies thank god. "Hey Ethan, how did it go?" Kevin asked as I sat next to him allowing Kyle to go on his break. "I signed it, I'm going to see her for two days!" Kevin jumped up with a huge smile on his face "No way really?!?" He asked excited I just nodded as he sat down giving me a fist bump.