24

Ethan's POV

"Merry Christmas" I smiled as my mum handed me a cup of coffee. "Merry christmas mum." Kyle decided we could stay at my parents house last night so I could wake up to them on christmas morning. "If you don't mind I want to go see Ash in about an hour or so" I said to both my parents, Cameron, Kyle and Mike. Kyle nodded and everyone else smiled. "In that case we better open our presents together before you head to the hospital." Mum said as she motioned all of us to follow to the living room where the tree was set up with presents surrounding it. 

"ah Grayson there you are! come sit we are opening presents with the family" Cameron and I both looked at each other when we heard our mums words. "I'd love to" he smirked sitting himself right between Cameron and I.

We all ended up getting clothes along with other things. My parents had gotten Mike and Kyle a box of favourites each so they ha something to unwrap seeing as though they were with me working on Christmas day when they should be with their families. "Lisa, Sean can we speak to you two for a moment?" Mike piped up. They all walked to the kitchen leaving Cameron and I alone with Grayson. "Merry Christmas murderer, I would have gotten you some weapons but they'd just take them off you once you got back to prison" I clenched my teeth while tears brimmed my eyes and Cameron started to have a go at Grayson.

"Why can't I seem to eave you three alone without Cameron and Grayson fighting and Ethan crying?" my mother questioned as they stood at the door way. "Not my fault Ethan's a crybaby" "GRAYSON!" My dad yelled but he continued anyone. "The poor crybaby is going to get beat up in prison if he keeps going like this. Why do I have to have a murderer for a brother?" that was it I let the tears fall while mum's mouth hung open and my father was fuming. "GRAYSON TO YOUR ROOM NOW!" 

"Don't listen to him son, you're strong. We'll come visit you soon, you'll be out of there before you even know it" my dad said as he patted my back. I said my goodbyes and hopped in the car as we headed towards the hospital.

"Awww Ethan I love it" Ashtyn smiled as she cuddled the teddy bear I gave her. "I also got you this" I pulled out a bag with a photo frame inside. She slowly pulled it out and her eyes instantly started to water. Cameron helped me make a collage of all the photos of Ash and I together. I decorated the photo frame with little stick on letter which spelt  'Ethan and Ashtyn eternal love'

Her eyes raked over the present for a while before she sat it on the table beside her bed. "I love you Ethan" she whispered grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers. "I love you too baby girl" she shivered, I knew calling her 'babygirl' was her weakness. 

"I'm sorry, I couldn't get you anything. My parents refused to buy you anything and I can't get out of this bed." she sighed letting a tear slip. "I'm really sorry" I cradled her in my arms as I rubbed her back in small circles. "It's ok, you're all I want for Christmas" "but-but you got me stuff and I can't even get you anything" she cried. "Babygirl, you're all I want. Nothing else. Just you."