Chapter Twenty-One

After a long and comforting hug the girls decided to return. They went quietly most of the time, Eireen could see how the girl's head was spinning thinking more and more about the consequences that conversation would bring to Kai. Since she was moved by pure anger and indignation of not understanding how his parents could have turned their backs on him and kept making him feel bad just for doing what made him happier, for being with whoever makes him happy and for starting a family that left him with a full heart; the blonde thought of a thousand and one ways to explain to Kai what had happened and was afraid for his reaction. Azra left Eireen at the door of the company and went home. It was still quite early, so Eireen rushed to her office to arrange things for the meeting she was going to have in the afternoon and let them know she was going to be there.

With a bunch of papers spread out on the desk, even more to be printed, with her glasses on her face and her shirt sleeves rolled up, looking at the computer while changing some numbers and information, and a mug of coffee on her glass desk that she had picked up about thirty minutes ago and it was already cold because she end up forgetting it was there. After two hours without leaving the office and finally putting the papers in their proper places, preparing everything for the meeting the girl dropped her body on the chair, putting her elbows on the table, covering her face with her hands. The door opened, the girl raised her eyebrow and let her hands fall on the table, seeing Sehun closing the door and approaching the girl's desk with one hand in his pocket.

"I was going to ask you if you were busy but I think you are." Sehun said, noticing the disorganized table with several crumpled papers, pens out of place, and the very state of the girl in front of him.

"Yeah, a little." Eireen sighed looking down and then took a glance at him. "I have a meeting after lunch."

"Look at you, a proper business woman." Sehun chuckled and sat down in front of her. "You barely have any time for me nowadays."

"Don't make me feel bad." Eireen cried out.

"I'm not, I just like to mess with you a little." He shook his head. "You know, to lift the mood since you seem a little stressed."

"Because I am. Sometimes I wanted my old position, and office, back." Eireen said grabbing her coffee mug, taking a sip and spitting it all back in the same second. She put the mug down on the table. "Even my coffee is already cold."

"Everyone has been complimenting you, you're doing a great job here."

"At least some good news." She muttered under her breath. Sehun frowned.

"Are there any bad news?"

"Just the nervous breakdown I'll have one day."

"Can you have a break?" He asked with a grin. Eireen glared at him, confused.

"Now?"

"Yes, now."

The girl shook her head slightly, although she still had a confused expression on her face. Sehun got up from his chair, walking to the door and locking it, he went back to her and stretched out his hand, Eireen grabbed his hand and he pulled her out, making her get up from her chair and go around the table. Sehun put his hands on the girl's waist, with a little impulse he sat her down at the edge of the table.

———

He leaned down leaving some kisses on the girl's neck and finally pressed his lips against hers. Eireen softly grinned as she kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck while Sehun still had his hands on her waist. Their kiss lasted a few minutes until they both moved away to catch a breath. Eireen wrapped her arms around Sehun's torso, leaning her head against his chest. Sehun planted a kiss on her temple as he ran his fingers gently through the her hair. He took a step back, letting her fix her shorts and her belt.