Turning on each other

The Next Morning

*Knock Knock* "COMING!" Steven yelled from inside the house *opens door* "Oh hey, Chris" Steven said lightly "Can we talk?" Chris asked "Sure, we can talk up-" "No, out here" Chris interrupted "O-okay. BABY I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!" Steven yelled to Mina "OKAY!" She responded "I wanted to tell you that-" Chris paused "That what?" Steven persisted "Dad and I are moving" Chris stated "Oh, where?" Steven asked "We were thinking Texas, start over, somewhere new" Chris explained "So, mom dies, and you run from your problems" Steven said rudely "I'm not running Steven, you realize how hard this was for my dad right?" Chris replied "BUT INSTEAD OF TELLING ME, YOU TELL MY GIRLFRIEND. WHO I JUST GOT INTO AN ARGUMENT WITH, TO TELL MY MY MOM IS DYING. AND WHEN I GET A CALL FROM THE HOSPITAL TELLING ME THAT SHE IS GONE, I NEVER HEAR FROM YOU. And now you're leaving" Steven fought "This is why I didn't want to tell you" Chris whispered "What?" Steven questioned "Steven I-" "So you were just going to leave, and not tell him. Disappear and never come back." Steven said kinda loud "Just like she did" Steven whispered "Just like who did, Steven?" Chris asked "My birth mom" Steven stated "No, your birth mom gave you up. I didn't want to tell you, because I didn't want to start something" Chris argued "So you are running" Steven stated "No, it's called getting a fresh start" Chris corrected *Opens door* "What's going on?" Mina asked "Nothing baby, just go inside" Steven said softly "You know maybe you should've moved on as well, when you lost Sheldon" Chris said looking at Mina "Instead of making my brother your little show puppet" Chris smirked. Steven stood there for a second before punching Chris. Chris fell back and he hit is head hard, "Leave" Steven said sternly. "Chris stood up and didn't leave right away, "Leave, NOW!" Steven repeated. Chris left and Steven went back inside where Mina was. Mina was shocked, she always liked Chris as friend, 'cause he was a good guy. She never thought he could be so rude, or vile.

"My- Show puppet?" Mina asked herself. Steven was in the other room getting Mina some water, and when he came back out he saw Mina and he was worried, "She looks so sad. Broken even. My poor baby" Steven thought to himself "Hey" Steven said softly "I got you some water" Steven said putting the cup down "T-thanks" Mina stuttered "Are you okay?" Steven asked sitting down "Y-yeah, I uh- I th- I-" Mina said breaking down "Hey, shh. It's okay baby" Steven said hugging her "Chris is a prick, and he's leaving anyway. You don't have to deal with him anymore" Steven comforted. Steven put his chin on Mina's head and his arms around her waist so she felt safe. "It's okay" Steven said softly "It's okay, I got you"

4 hours later*

"MINA!" Steven yelled "YEAH!" She replied "YOUR PHONE!" Steven replied. Mina came downstairs and answered her phone, but it had no caller ID but she answered it anyway:

Over Phone

Mina & ???

Mina: Hello?

???: Hello, Mina

Mina: Um, who is this?

???: Well, Ms. Robinson. I believe you know who this is

Mina: You.

???: Me. And give Steven my condolences, it was his mom right?

Mina: How did you know about that?

???: I have my ways

???: And be ready sweetheart, cause I'm coming for ya

???: *Hangs up*

"Baby, hey" Steven said hugging Mina, "S-Steven, I-" Mina paused "Who was that baby?" Steven asked "He's out, how did we not know?" Mina panicked "Who baby? Who got out?" Steven comforted "Mina, breathe, shh, shh. Breath, it's okay, shh" Steven said softly, trying to calm Mina down. "Sh-Shel-" Mina stuttered "Sheldon?" Steven questioned "Sheldon's out" Mina said sadly "It doesn't matter, nothing is going to happen. I'm here Mina, hey" Steven said lifting her chin "I'm right her and I will protect you. At all cost" Steven comforted *Kisses Mina* "Because I love you"