Part 31

The next day we were preparing everything to take off to Hobbiton again. We would be filming at the actual town of Hobbiton that was built for tourists and all Lord of The Rings or simply Tolkien fan in general. We had about a dozen trucks loaded with gear for the camera crew, the make-up department, the catering, the props, clothing just everything we could possible need fit in those trucks and in the morning they would start their journey to Bag End where I would also meet Elijah Wood. Richard didn't have any actual scenes to film there but he was also dying to see the set and of course he just wanted to be there with me. When we were at the airport where a plane would take us higher up the Island again Martin swiftly joined us 'Don't you guys forget about the most important character here' He said walking just a little faster so he would get on the place first which of course made us laugh before walking behind him and taking in our places next to him. Phillipa Peter's wife was counting everyone who got on the plane, when everyone sat down she did one more count 'Okay I guess we're all here, remember when you're on this place you're very important to our crew so sit tight and have a good trip!' She said before taking in her own place and soon the plane took off, leading us to a whole new adventure.

Once we arrived in Hobbiton Richard and I first spent some time exploring and even taking pictures in front of the hobbit houses, The Green Dragon Inn and then even having a picknick by the waterside. We just couldn't believe our eyes, this place looked amazing. Anything we saw in the movies was actually here. If these houses were a little bigger I could actually live in one of them. Richard of course couldn't since he was 6ft 2 and towering above me. When everything was put in place to start filming the next day we all went back to our apartments and hotels to get a good night sleep before waking up at 6 am again to get back to set and start shooting in Hobbiton with Martin, Elijah and so many other actors dressed up as hobbits.

When I was finally back on set ready to meet Elijah I saw him standing by bag end with Sir Ian, for a moment I felt like going back in time and being on the set of The Lord Of The Rings. 'Come let's go say hi' Richard suddenly said as I didn't dare to approach them. 'But they're like having a moment' I said which made Richard laugh. 'Come on I've seen many sides on your but shy wasn't really one of them!' He said taking my hand and walking towards Alijah. 'Hi there! I'm Richard a.k.a Thorin Oakenshield, nice to meet you!' Richard said which made Elijah smile and shake his hand 'Hi, nice to meet you!' He replied before looking over at me. 'Oh I'm just a crewmember who's been a huge fan of these movies since the beginning!' I explained 'I'm Hera by the way' I continued realising I hadn't said my name yet. Elijah laughed 'Nice to meet you Hera, welcome to the club I'd say!' He said where after we joined the conversation between him and Gandalf for a bit till Peter called us all in. Time flew by once we started filming. After about a week we continued our journey to more remote lands in the country to shoot scenes with the dwarves. We had to shoot on more than 15 different locations om both the North and the South island.

Once we finished filming on the North Island we made our first stop in Dunedin on the South island where we immediately got to see some beautiful mountains and hillsides.

After that we went to Queenstown, where we were mostly shooting by the lake and once again on the mountain sides.

After that we went to Treble Cone, guess what? More snow of course and for some reason we all thought it was a good time to use those snowy mountains to start a little snow fight. We teamed up cast against crew and started throwing snow balls against each other. Richard kind of took a lot of snow balls trying to protect me like a real gentleman, luckily he didn't seem to mind getting a bit cold.

After this we passed by Eweburn Station and Twizel where we did some more horse riding. Richard once again loved his horse from the moment they met and the more I joined him on rides or took care of the horses, the more I also learned to appreciate them. And before we realised it we arrived at out last stop in Nelson.

There we'd be filming some of the scenes with the dwarves running from Mirkwood and getting to Lake town, spoiler they escaped thanks to a little river ride with barrels. I had to admit this was one of the most fun locations to film apart from Hobbiton. Peter build some kind of parkour where the dwarves got to sit in their barrels and got pushed from one side to another by the water. Also they were having the best time getting transported by rubber boats while a bigger mechanic boat pulled the along. I for one wasn't a big fan of water, all kinds of creatures could live in these rivers and what if the stream dragged me under? I gladly let the dwarves do their thing while watching them from the side. As they were being helped by professional divers to safely get in their barrels and follow the stream I stayed close in case something would happen, I just couldn't help thinking that one day I might be able to repay Richard for saving my ass. Luckily he was just having as much fun as the others. Every time we had to time to rest out a little the dwarves would by laying on the riverbanks with their feet in the water.

Just when I got closer to talk to Richard, Adam suddenly started splashing water on me. 'Well excuse me?' I yelled swiftly taking a few steps back. 'Hey do not attack my girlfriend' Richard now said with his mighty dwarven voice. Where after he also started splashing water on Adam which started a whole fight between the dwarves while I just stood there watching them. After about ten minutes Peter used his megaphone to call them back since the police just announced there's a lot of rain coming and the whole area might flood. Dean and Aidan now jumped out of their barrels and ran back up the riverside. Graham kept sitting there saying things were just getting more fun. I carefully walked closer to Richard staying out of reach so Adam couldn't splash all over me again.

'A hand my king?' I asked reaching for Richard who now gladly took my hand while cautiously climbing up the rocks again. Once everyone was out of the water and the crew cleaned up all their gear we all went back to the hotel.

We weren't used to getting back this early so while we were being a bit bored Adam and Aidan had this brilliant idea to go to the bar and soon everyone was having a pint. We all sat together at a long table and talked for hours or played games. When the bar closed most of us agreed to keep the party going in Aidan's room, while we sat there Adam really wanted to have a karaoke. 'Hey Hera can play guitar!' Dean now spoke which made me shake my head, Richard also heard me play a few times and of course agreed. 'Come on, please?' Aidan and Adam begged me while Graham was joking about me being too scared. Him joking like that was enough for me to go get my guitar and start playing. As I played songs the actors were dancing or singing to it. 'Can play Can you feel the love tonight on guitar?' Peter who played Gloin suddenly asked. I had to think for a moment but nodded 'I think so, why?' I answered. 'Oh you have to sing that with Richard!' He then suggested which made me shake my head in confusion. 'Nah come on let's not get cheesy' I said where after Richard also awkwardly seemed to start blushing.

Of course everyone now wanted to hear us sing. Where after I just looked Richard in the eye and gave a slight nod before starting to play guitar. Richard started singing. I started after he finished the refrain for a first time. I was so taken by his voice it was pretty hard to keep playing and focus on my singing. I didn't have a great voice but I just loved singing, especially this, I forgot we had a public and only had eye for Richard who now looked straight into my eyes as well. When we sang the refrain together for the last time everyone started clapping which brought me back to reality. 'Okay, okay that's quite enough' I said where after we started laughing and I put my guitar aside. When Richard and I were back in my room I swiftly went to bed with Richard right beside me. 'You sang beautifully tonight' He said where after I let out a laugh 'Oh please, you have this amazing voice, I just tried to make my voice bearable compared to you' I said. Richard shook his head 'Bullshit' he said where after I shrug. 'Will you sing your song for me?' I asked nicely. Richard immediately knew what I meant and nodded before starting to sing the misty mountain song. While Richard was singing I closed my eyes and immediately seemed to fall to sleep.