Part 40

As I laid in bed not being able to move, speak or even blink I did feel someone grabbing my hand and gently squeezing. Soon I felt familiar warm lips pressing a kiss on my hand, then a kiss on my forehead and eventually my lips. I wished this was a Disney movie so badly, so I could just open my eyes right now and look into the eyes of the person I loved more than anything else in this world. But I laid there frozen as warm tears rolled down my cheeks. They weren't my tears, they were Richards. 'Please come back to me, don't leave me like this. I'm begging you to stay strong love' I heard him say. 'I'm so sorry Richard, I swear she was just fine one moment and the next they put her into this coma' I heard Lee speak. 'I shouldn't have gone back, I should have stayed with her, it's my fault' Richard cried. My heart broke a little further hearing this. 'Don't say that Richard' I hear Dean's voice. 'She'll wake up again, she's come this far. Have a little faith' Dean said where after I felt Richard sitting down next to me and holding my fragile body in his arms. 'If she goes like this I will never forgive myself, I just can't. It's not her time!' Richard cried. I couldn't just lay there and hear him suffer like that.

I felt a warm glow spreading inside myself, slowly my energy returned, I didn't know what was going on, all I knew was I had to tell Richard I was here for him. What the last bit of energy in me I squeezed Richard's hand. 'Hera?' I immediately heard him say with a deep shaky voice. 'Hera, I'm here please give me a sign' he spoke where after I squeezed him again.

'Dean, get a nurse!' Richard now said. 'She's waking up, I felt her squeeze my hand!' Richard said in a hopeful voice that almost made me smile, if only I could. 'Are you certain sir? She is very weak at the moment' The nurse said but luckily Richard could convince her to get a doctor who now confirmed I was in fact waking up. Deep down I felt like I was slipping away, like all the energy I had left was being used to see Richard again, even if that would mean the end of me. After hearing the doctor speaking to Richard for a few more minutes I finally found the power to open my eyes.

'Richard?' I muttered sleepily as I saw him standing by the end of the bed with Lee's hand on his shoulder while the doctor talked to him. 'Rich' Dean now spoke looking down on me with a big smile. 'You're one hell of a fighter girl, I'm proud of you' Dean said before Richard turned to me and immediately sat down next to me again 'Hera! Oh I'm so sorry!' He started but I shook my head. 'You're here, you're back' I said where after Richard nodded. 'I'm back, I'm never letting go of you again!' He promised where after I gave him a weak smile.

'I'm tired Richard, I'm so tired' I told him where after I also looked over to Lee who stood behind Richard and Dean. 'I know love, I just had to see you again. I... I love you' Richard said with tears in his eyes and a husky voice. As he tried to fight the tears Lee now couldn't help himself but start sobbing. 'You really scared me you stubborn little dwarf' he said where after I couldn't help but laugh. 'Just when you thought you had seen it all, right? You bitchy elf' I answered which made Lee laugh as well.

'Richard?' I asked quietly where after he gently ran his hand through my hair and nodded. 'I want to see the sea one more time' I sighed where after Richard seemed surprised. 'Hera, your condition is bad and I don't think that's possible right now' he tried to explain. I closed my eyes for a moment since I felt myself sinking away again. 'Please, just don't let me die in this damn boring hospital?' I asked where after both Richard and Lee had tears in his eyes. 'I think that can be arranged' Dean suddenly said. 'What?' I asked in confusion while looking up at my brother, the one who would have tried to lock me in my childhood room forever who now just agreed on smuggling me out of here. 'Brett's outside, we can drive you there' he suggested where after Richard and Lee still seemed to hold back.

'Hera, I don't want you to be hurt, I think you're safer here' Richard said where after I laid my hand on his cheek to dry his tears. 'Richard, they have given me enough medicine to put an elephant to sleep. Just have this moment with me. Please?' I begged where after he nodded. While Dean and Lee went to get a wheelchair Richard helped me to get dressed. I had been in hospital's too many times, yet this time I was thankful for that because if it taught me one thing it was how to get rid of all the cables attached to my body. Once I was dressed they helped me in the wheelchair and quickly rolled me down the halls as if they were steeling something. Well they were stealing me away from medical care, but it was my own request so I supposed that wasn't some criminal activity. At the car Brett seemed a little startled by seeing me which he quickly turned into an opportunity telling me I looked terrible. 'I feel terrible, thanks' I said with a smile before getting in with Richard right beside me, Dean was sitting next to Brett and Lee on the other side of Richard in the back seat.

After a short drive we arrived at the sea side 'Help me out please?' I asked Richard which he of course obeyed. Richard pulled me in his arms and carried me closer to the water. Brett, Dean and Lee followed us as we sat down on the beach watching the waves crashing ashore. I inhaled the fresh sea breeze and looked at the golden red setting sun as if I was seeing it's beauty for the first time. 'Remember me like this.' I softly spoke looking at Dean and Brett 'Remember the playful child.'
I looked at Lee next 'The shy crewmember.' Lastly I looked at Richard 'The loving partner.'

'I couldn't have wished for a better family and friends. My life would have been one sad mess if it wasn't for you Dean, I am so thankful for everything you have done for me even if I didn't always appreciate you this much' I said where after Dean hugged me tight. 'I wouldn't have it any other way sister' He said where after I looked at Brett 'You are such an idiot sometimes, but damn you're my favourite idiot, thank you for always being there for me and accepting me for who I am' I said where after Brett almost started tearing up until I hugged him tight and told him to fuck off to lighten the mood. Brett and Dean told me they would go for a little walk so I could have some time for Richard.

Lee also wanted to stand up but I grabbed his hand. 'Stay, we need you' I smiled at him where after he quickly nodded and sat down again. 'You've been a great friend Lee on and off set, we could always count on you. Will you please tell the other's I love them, I'm so sorry I won't be seeing any more of the great movies we made. Just let everyone know how thankful I was for this adventure' I spoke which made Lee hug me tears were streaming down his face by now as he ran his fingers through my hair and hid his face in my neck. 'Thank you Hera, I will pass on the message. We all love you, remember that.' Lee sobbed. I smiled kissing his forehead before turning to Richard.

'Richard, my dear, dear dwarf king' I said which already made Richard tear up. 'I know it's not fair of me, but I hope many years from now, you'll be visiting beaches all around the world and think of me. I hope you carry me in your heart for the rest of your life' I said.

Richard pulled me closer so I was laying against his chest. He kissed my neck as warm tears streamed down his cheeks. 'I will always think off you, no matter where I go, no matter how many years pass by. You're one special person Hera, I am so glad to have met you and I'm even happier to have been such an important part of your life! My beautiful dwarf queen.' He said drying his tears and kissing my lips. After this we watched the sunset in silence.

I had no idea how long I sat there, but once the sun had gone under I felt my eyelids getting heavier. Once the sky darkened and the stars revealed itself to us I closed my eyes, slowly giving in to the temptation of eternal rest. 'I love you Hera, my brightest star' I heard Richard say before everything around me faded and darkness took hold of me, never to let go.

                                                                             THE END