4

"Bailey, it's good to have you back" Richard hugged her. Since her maternity leave was up and thanks to the therapy sessions she felt ready to return to work. Last night she and Ben talked on the phone to give each other a pep talk. Ben and Miranda's bond deepened with each passing day and they were quickly becoming very close friends.

"It's good to be back" She smiled

"And you look good" Addie smiled

"Well thank you Addison" She hugged her

"Now let me get a hold of this little guy" Addison took Tuck from her and cradled him close

"Are you ready to jump back in?" Richard asked

"Yes sir, I was cleared for surgery if that's what you're asking"

"Cleared" Addie looked at Richard

"He told me if I wanted to come back I had to be cleared first by the physiatrist" Miranda nodded "He was right. Now where are my suck-ups"

"Locker room" Richard informed her

"Come on Tuck, you get to see the daycare" Addie cooed. They both walked away and after dropping Tuck off at daycare. Miranda went to the locker room.

"You all didn't kill anyone in my absence did you" She crossed her arms

"Dr.Bailey," They all said in unison

"Why aren't we rounding" She asked

"You're back," Izzie asked

"Stevens do you see me standing here"

"Yes"

"Then I'm back. Let's go" She walked away. They followed behind her whispering about her return, her mental state, her husband her son. Anything that had to do with her personal business they were whispering about. She quickly snapped around to look at them. Causing them to run into her because they didn't notice she stopped walking.

"Enough, I can hear you whispering. If you have something to say, say it to my face." She stared them all down

The interns exchanged startled glances, taken aback by Miranda's sudden outburst. Izzie began to speak "We're sorry."

"Shut up "Miranda held her hand up " I understand that my personal life may be of interest to some of you. But I remind you all that our focus here is on patient care. Anything else is a distraction. I do not need distracted interns. Are you all distracted"

"No, Ma'am" They shook their heads

"Karev, Pit. Stevens, Just out of my sight. O'Malley, with me. Grey, with me. Yang, make yourself useful somewhere" She directed them but no one moved. " Is there glue on your feet" She snapped causing them to move. As she went on with her day at work she wondered how Ben was doing.

"Ben she is fine, just like she was 15 minutes ago when you called" Ros sighed through the phone. Ben was an anxious mess. He left Delilah with his sister Rosalind. But he called to check on them every 15 minutes. And he was starting to annoy her.

"Let me talk to her"

"She is asleep and you should be working. No, Ben" She hung up. He stared at his phone and sighed.

"Dr.Warren you doing okay" Another anesthesiologist asked him

"Yeah, I'm good" He nodded

"You sure" The doctor insisted

"Separation anxiety I think" He rubbed his face

"I get it" The doctor laughed " I had the same thing with my first kid. She's in good hands, right"