15

"Benjamin, you told her to come to Christmas dinner but failed to mention it was here at my house" Miranda sighed "You lost your cool"

"Of course, I lost my cool, Miranda. She acted like my daughter didn't exist from the moment she was born. And now she wants to walk in hugging me and giving me that she looks just like Tiana bullshit. I don't want to hear it"

"But Ben my father is already here judging us. Do we really want Tiana's parents here?"

"Nothing from her for 4 years and now all of a sudden she wants to be involved. I want to see what she has to say for herself. So yes Miranda I told her the address"

"Benjamin"

"Miranda"

"I have to deal with my father. He is ashamed of me"

"Two birds one stone"

"I can't believe this" She rested her hands on the kitchen counter

"I'm sorry baby" He walked over and wrapped his arms around her from behind "I let my anger get the best of me"

"Well we've been dating for months so maybe it was about time they knew"  She nervously bit her lip

"Hey don't worry" He turned her so she was facing him "Anyone gets disrespectful. Including your father.  I'll stand up for you"

"I'm just so stressed about this. I mean, who even is this woman? I know my father but I don't know her"

"She is an old bitch"

"Benjamin"

"I'm sorry but when Tee died she acted like she was the only one who lost someone. I lost someone my daughter lost someone but she was the grieving mother so that's all that mattered. She planned the funeral and didn't let me have a say. She didn't include me in the obituary. She didn't even let me get up and say words. I went to and her father literally sat me down. Then she tells me it's too painful for me and Delilah to be around. So she just shuts us out. Now what 4 years later she's ready to be around. Bullshit. So I mean it when I say she's an old bitch."

"I understand" She nodded and cupped his face "We won't let them ruin our holiday. This day is about us and the kids. Your father and sister are coming and they are supportive. We are going to have a good Christmas"

"You're right. We shouldn't worry about the ones who aren't happy for us" Ben put his hand on hers "Thank you, my love"

"Mr. Brightside rubbed off on me" She smiled
He leaned in and kissed her. He placed his hands on her waist and she placed her hand on his head.

The kids tiptoed out and saw them kissing. They looked at each other and then went back into Tuck's room.

"They do that a lot" Delilah laughed

Tuck nodded "It's gross"

"I think it's cute. Daddy makes RaRa smile"

"Yeah he does" Tuck nodded "I guess it's not too gross if it makes mommy happy"

"Do you think they'll get married" Delilah beamed "Like in the movies"

Tuck shrugged, his little face scrunched up in thought as he considered the possibility.

"I dunno, Lilah. But they sure do spend a lot of time together"

Delilah nodded enthusiastically, her imagination running wild with possibilities.

"And they always hold hands, kiss, and laugh together. That's what mommies and daddies do when they're married, right?"

Tuck giggled, delighted by her reasoning. "Maybe they are already married and we just don't know it"