35

Years flew by, and as they watched their high school-aged children thriving, Ben and Miranda knew that all the challenges they had faced were worth it. They had built a beautiful life together, filled with love, understanding, and endless support. Between work commitments, household chores, and the everyday hustle and bustle, they realized they had been missing out on some precious moments with Tuck and Delilah. They was extra grateful for the time they did have to spend with each other.

One day on the way home from work they found themselves discussing their feelings.

"You know," Miranda began softly, her voice tinged with regret, "I feel like we've been so caught up with work lately that we've missed out on some things with the kids."

Ben nodded, tightening his arms around Miranda. "I've been feeling the same way. It's easy to get wrapped up in work and forget to slow down and enjoy the little moments."

"Yeah," Miranda sighed, "like Tuck's soccer game last week. I had to miss it because of a work deadline, and I still feel guilty about it."

Ben squeezed her hand reassuringly. "I know, I felt bad about that too. And Delilah's been talking about a school project for days on her hero. She picked us, and I haven't really had a chance to sit down and help her with it."

"She picked us" Miranda asked

"She said she couldn't pick just one hero. When she lived in a house with two heroes" Ben nodded

Miranda looked up at Ben, her eyes filled with determination. "We need to make more time for them, Ben. They're growing up so fast, and we don't want to look back and regret missing out on these moments."

Ben nodded in agreement, his gaze serious. "You're right, Miranda. Starting from tomorrow, let's make a conscious effort to prioritize family time. Whether it's helping Delilah with her project or cheering on Tuck at his next game, we need to be there for them."

Miranda smiled, feeling a sense of relief wash over her. "I'm glad we're on the same page. Our family is the most important thing, and we need to make sure they know that."

Later that evening, the family gathered around the dinner table, the warm glow of the chandelier casting a soft light on their faces. Ben had just grilled up some burgers, and the delicious smell filled the air.

"So, Tuck, Delilah, now that you guys are starting high school, have you thought about what you want to be when you grow up?" Miranda asked, taking a sip of her iced tea.

Tuck, with his dad's curious eyes and a thoughtful expression, shrugged. "I'm not really sure yet. Maybe something with computers or engineering? I've always liked building things."

Ben nodded approvingly. "That's awesome, buddy. There are so many cool paths you can take with that."

Delilah, with a smile that mirrored her mom's, chimed in, "I think I want to be a veterinarian. I love animals, and I want to help them."

Miranda beamed at her daughter. "That's a wonderful choice, sweetie. You've always had such a big heart."

Turning to Ben, she asked, "Remember when we were their age and dreaming about our future? It feels like just yesterday."

Ben chuckled, "Yeah, it does. I wanted to be the president as a kid. In high school is when I decided on medicine"

Miranda laughed, "Oh, I always wanted to be Chief of Surgery"

"Well Mrs.SureOfHerself" Ben laughed giving his wife a warm smile.

They all laughed together, enjoying the simple joy of being together as a family. Despite the challenges they had faced over the years, moments like these reminded them of what truly mattered: love, understanding, and the promise of a bright future for their children.