Chapter 38

Shawn's Point of View

"Shawn!" Matt screams as he sees me enter through the lobby of the hotel. Everyone looks to where Matt was looking and they all run up to me and we all start hugging.

"Hey guys!" I say hugging them all back.

I was always the last one here. Maybe because I'm the only one who lived out of the U.S.

"Dude, so how are things? How's Nicole?" Nash asked.

Uh oh. I was really hoping they didn't bring her up just yet. Before I could answer, my dad called me so we could check in.

"I'll tell you guys about her later." and walked to where my dad was.

"Here's two room keys, and your room will be number 846, on the 8th floor."

"Thank you." my dad replied and got the keys, and handed me one.

"Have a nice day."

"You too." and that's how my dad and I were on our way to our rooms to get settled in.

-

"An hour until you guys go on!" Bart says as he enters Cameron's and Nash's room, where everyone was hanging out.

"Okay." we all say and he left.

"Shawn-" Johnson gets my attention, "so whats up with Nicole? Why didn't she come?"

Crap.

"I kinda have to tell you guys something." I looked at everyone, and they were all giving me their undivided attention.

"Is it bad? Is she okay?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah, she's perfectly fine." They all sighed in relief.

"Then what is it?" Gilinsky asked. I started pacing and thought of how to say it.

Nothing came to mind, so words just spilled from my mouth like vomit.

"Okay uh, so it all started with a girl named Michelle. She really doesn't take no for an answer so one day, she weirdly texts me. Keep in mind that I never gave her my number, and she tells me that she wanted to ask me out but thought Nicole and I were going out. But Nic and I were only best friends, so I asked her what to say. Given the situation, she didn't know. That's when I came up with an idea."

"Mhmm." Nash said.

"Please continue." Johnson encouraged.

"Right. So, I came up with the idea of fake dating. Nicole asked with who and I told her that she would be perfect. She was kinda interested in acting, so I asked her to fake date me to get Michelle off my ass. She had been on the sack for quite some time at this point. And Nicole was kinda iffy about it, but she eventually agreed. With the condition of us not changing, and that we would remain best friends, so we agreed. We told everyone we started dating, even our parents. The only person who knew it was fake was Nicole's best friend Sierra, and my other best girlie friend Lauren and yeah." After I finished, I sat down on the bed again.

"But why isn't she here?" Matt questioned. I sighed.

"That's a different story." He looked at his phone, unlocked it and smiled.

"We still have 55 minutes left until Magcon starts, so we have time." I groaned and stood up again.

"Uh, where do I start. Okay, so, while we were 'dating', I started talking to Lauren more. I started to like her, and about 2 months later, we both found out that we liked each other. So I asked Nicole if we could end the whole dating thing so I could be with Lauren. She agreed and now I'm officially dating Lauren."