Chapter 39

Sierra and I were on the couch, each with a small tubs of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, watching Safe Haven. God. Josh Duhamel in this movie is wow.

We haven't really done anything all day.

Right when I went downstairs, Sierra's mom was in the kitchen making my mom and herself a coffee, but was cut short in putting some sugar in her mug because I basically attacked her in a hug.

She laughed and she asked me questions like "Y como estas? (And how are you?)" Which I would reply with a 'Great now that I have Sierra here' and I gave Si another hug. My mom was just leaning against the counter with the biggest smile on her face.

After that, I let the moms catch up while Sierra and I went back to my room and she said she had a surprise for me.

"Another one?" she laughed.

"Shut up and open it." she handed me a bag with tape closing the top of it so I couldn't see inside of it.

I ripped the tape open and my mouth watered.

"Do you know how much I fucking love you right now." I pulled out travel-sized bags of Chips Ahoy, Mini Oreos, two chocolate pudding cups, chewy granola bars, a bag of Lemon Lays, and a bag of Sour Patch Kids.

She smirked. "I know."

"Are you going to help me finish all of this?" I ask as I put everything back into the bag. She shrugged.

"Most likely yeah."

"So how's home? What's the 411?" I ask and she starts telling me about a boy named Anthony and how cute she thinks he is.

I shoved another spoonful of my Chunky Monkey while Si did the same with her Cookie Dough. We stayed silent as Alex a.k.a Josh ran for Katie to try and get her to stay with him. Si sighs.

"I need an Alex in my life."

"I do too." Another spoonful.

"What about Shawn?" I started choking on the ice cream.

"Woah Woah! Woah! Calm down!" she laughs. I cough.

"Shawn?! Absolutely not!" I wipe my mouth with my sleeve and cuddle up with James even more.

I wish Shawn was like Alex. Where he would be afraid of loosing me and how his whole world would collapse if I left. Yeah right. That's not realistic.

Sometimes I'll fantasize about Shawn coming back from Magcon, realize that I was the one all along, dump Lauren's sorry ass and come running to me. We could ride into the sunset and we'd live happily ever after. Pop out with like six kids, raise them, and grow old together.

But, unfortunately, life doesn't work that way.

Life can go fuck itself.

"Why not?" I looked at her.

"We're on completely different sides of the world. He's adorable, he's funny, he's spontaneous, he's undeniably nice, he's crazy and he's attractive. Which is a huge bonus, but compared to my boring, sitting in all day, eating 24/7, watching One Direction interviews until I memorize them-" I sighed, "I don't think I'd work out. He's too perfect. Yeah he has his flaws, like everyone else, but he makes me feel like I am important. He makes me feel like he actually wants to be my friend, he makes me feel.. happy? I guess." I said as I started picking at James' fluff.

"Oh my Jesus." I looked at her again. Blinking away the small tears that stung my eyes.

"What?"

"You're fucking in love with him." I widened my eyes.