[37] rooms,

The rooms in the house were countless.

There were rooms for televisions, rooms with nothing but couches and chairs, a drawing room, a room with a piano and a room with nothing but a violin and some chairs, a couch colored the same as the walls so you wouldn't see it without really looking.

And then, of course, there were bedrooms.

There was Thomas' room, Lafayette's room, and Jane's room.

Then there were the other rooms.

Alexander got his own room and Burr got another one, just for himself.

John and James, of course, wanted to room together, and Jane didn't take long to give them a nice large room with a double bed, walls coloured in red and a large window looking out into the back yard.

Jane was all about the love, she didn't forget to remind them how when she was a teenager she had countless boyfriends, none of which stuck; they all wanted her for the money and she frankly was too smart of a woman to be walked over like that.

--

It was two minutes past two in the morning, and Alexander couldn't sleep. It pained him to say, but he'd started to miss Thomas' snoring; his presence at all. It felt lonely without him.

Before he even knew what he was doing, he got out of his bed. He told himself he was going to the bathroom, the one just across the hall from Jefferson's room, coincidentally.

But he didn't need to use the bathroom.

He lingered outside Jefferson's door.

He could see a weak light shining from under it, begging him to stay.

He could hear a voice.

A voice he recognized all too well.

And it was mumbling a tune.

I haven't seen the stars

in a while

but here you are

and you're making me smile.

Hamilton smiled, singing was what Jefferson did to calm him down when the storm came, he'd used the same melody he was singing now; but without the lyrics.

I haven't seen the stars

in a while

and I need you

to make me smile.

It seemed like it had been forever since the storm came, since the biggest problem in their group was that Jefferson and Hamilton were roommates.

You're a shining star

I'll show you all the scars

hold me close

and we'll take on the night

He wouldn't give up being roommates with him for anything now.

He'd grown used to Thomas, he'd grown used to his complaining, his astronomy theories, his presence.

I see you over there

you're happy

but I'm not there

you have found

another star

I forgot about the scars.