Chapter 18

Jacob

Titus has been really agitated after our little... moment. I guess that phone call was still on his mind. As for myself, I couldn't get what we have done out of my head. I've never done anything like that with anyone before, at first it felt strange for someone else to touch me but after a while, all those doubts flew out the window.

Now I'm sitting on the edge of the hotel bed fully dressed and waiting for Titus to get out the bathroom. These last couple of days have been very stressful, nevermind my dad, but now he wants to go after an old lady? I don't think I can do that. Sure he's gotten me in trouble from time to time but she has a good heart. I think. When I said yes to him I thought that my father would be my first and last killing but he insists I do some more. I get where he's coming from but I don't think I can ever be like him, I'm new to all this and just killing people because you feel like they are "parasites" isn't such a good reason especially now that I'm sitting down and thinking about it. I mean I can't exactly tell him that I disagree with him now since I've already told him that I was on his side; he trusts me and I gave him my word. Plus who knows what he would do to me.

I shuddered at the thought and let out a long breath.

Titus finally came out of the bathroom. He was wearing a black tight-fitting shirt that showed off his muscles and grey sweats that showed off his... well... you know.

"We're on a tight schedule today Jacob so get up we're leaving." Getting up from my spot on the bed we made our way out of the hotel room. You're probably wondering what happened to our old clothes. Well earlier this morning Titus left with them and I guess he took care of them while buying us new clothes in the process.

"Where are we going?" I asked when we finally reached the lobby of the hotel. The receptionist was the only one there. I gave him a small smile and a nod as we passed and he just mugged me. How rude. I swear people had no manners.

"First, we are going to my house. Then, we are gonna pay a visit to your little neighbor across the street and have a little chat. Sounds okay with you." I could tell that he wasn't actually asking me but I nodded my head anyways. When we were walking to his car I overheard a couple of teenagers talking by the dumpster.

"This is really getting out of hand man." The boy with red hair said to his friends.

"It really is, how could the police not have any leads about who this murderer is!? This town is so damn small and yet they aren't doing anything about it." The boy with platinum blonde hair responded back.

"I heard that they were going to start going to people's homes and questioning them to try and find suspects. My dad works at the station." The smallest of the bunch uttered.

"Glad to see they are finally doing something. I'm tired of not being able to go out at night because this disgusting, psychopathic murderer is on the loose." The redhead said with disgust. His words made my stomach stir.

Even though I wanted to stay for a bit longer and listen to what they were saying I wasn't able to because Titus grasped my wrist; wrapping his fingers around it and squeezing. It felt like I was in the grasp of a boa constrictor. I winced.

"Titus you're hurting me." I whispered. He didn't respond. Instead, he dragged me to the passenger side of his car, opened the door and threw me inside and slammed the door. The kids by the dumpster were staring now. He walked to his side and started the car and pulled out the parking lot. The ride was quiet as we drove to his house.

"Titus?" he didn't respond. He looked pissed. "Did you hear what those kids were saying? Police are coming to people's homes now! What if they go to mine or- or come to yours? What are we supposed to say I-I don't think I can handle being questioned I-" I was panicking that's what I was doing. Panic attacks were rare for me, but when they do happen they are intense. I started to hyperventilate and I was starting to see blotchy black spots in my vision as I clutched my chest.