Chapter 13

*Alyssa's POV*

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hi Ms. James are you still coming into my office today?"

"Yeah I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Okay, see you then."

I throw my phone on the bed and roll over. Jack's eyes are wide open and his beautiful smile is showing.

"Good morning beautiful" He says with his perfect smile.

"Morning babe."

"How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good. How about you?"

"Great knowing that I was next to you."

I feel like he always knows what to say to make me smile.

"I love you" I whisper.

"I love you too. So who was that on the phone?"

"The doctor's office."

"Oh."

"Yeah we should probably get going."

"Okay. You go get dressed and I'll go make us some breakfast."

"Okay."

I get up and walk to the bathroom. I feel like I'm gaining so much weight and it's only been a little over a week. It's only going to get worse. I look in the mirror and see that my belly has barely grown at all. Maybe the weight is just all in my head. I jump on my scale and it says I've only gained 3 pounds. I feel so relieved. I hop off and practically sprint into my closet after I realize I just spent almost 20 minutes worrying about my weight. I throw on some running shorts and a big comfy sweatshirt. I throw my hair into a messy bun and head downstairs.

"There you are. Everything alright?"

"Yeah everything's fine."

"Okay. I didn't feel like cooking anything fancy so I just made pancakes."

"Fine with me."

We ate in a hurry and then put our dishes in the sink.

"Babe can we stop at Nate's real quick so I can grab a change of clothes?"

"Sure, but shouldn't we be going to your house for that?"

"Well I have some clothes at Nate's and his house is closer than mine so I'd rather just go there."

"Okay. Sammy's not there is he?"

"I don't know. I'll call Nate and ask."

"Okay."

We walk into my garage and hop into my car. I'm driving because Jack is on the phone and I hate when people talk/text when they're supposed to be driving. I open the garage, start my car, and then we're on our way to Nate's.