Chapter 20

*Alyssa's POV*

I wake up in excruciating pain. I reach out for Jack, but then I remember that I told him to go sleep on the couch. I don't know what to do because I don't want to wake my parents up but I don't think I'll make it downstairs by myself. I grabbed my phone next to me and dial Sammy's number.

"Sammy?" I say in tears.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes" he says.

He hangs up and I look at the time. It's 5 in the morning. Why was he still awake? It's like he was waiting for me to call.

I hold my stomach as tears fall down my face. I hear Sam opening the door downstairs. I hope it doesn't wake anyone up, especially Jack. I don't feel like fighting with Jack right now.

I hear Sam stumble up the stairs and open the door to my room.

"Princess?"

"Sammy! Can you call my doctor for me?"

"Of course!" he says as he grabs the number off of the dresser.

He types the number into my phone and I press call.

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's Alyssa James. I'm in a lot of pain right now and I'm a little worried because they said I shouldn't be in any more pain after I left the hospital."

"It's normal for you to experience some pain even after you left the hospital. You can take some pain medicine but only the brand that I prescribed. If the pain still continues after another 24 hours then give me a call."

"Okay, thank you doctor."

I hang up the phone and toss it on the bed next to me. Sam is still sitting at the edge of my bed with a concerned look on his face.

"I'll be okay. Can you just bring me some of the pain medicine that's in the bathroom and a glass of water?"

"Sure. I'll be right back" he says.

He comes back a few seconds later with the medicine; I take it, and then lay back down.

"Princess?"

"Yeah Sam?"

"Why is Jack sleeping on the couch?"

"We got into another argument."

"Again?"

"Yeah."

"What did he do now?"

"He called me a bitch."

"Why?"

"I... well he said he was jealous of the two of us."

"Me and you?" Sammy says laughing.

"Yeah."

"Why?"

I explain to him the reasons why and he can't stop laughing.

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard" he says.

"I know. That's what I said."

"I'm just so sick of fighting with him Sam. I don't know how much more I can take. If it wasn't for this baby, I don't think we'd be together anymore" I start crying and I just can't stop.

"Hey, hey, come on don't cry. You have plenty of other people around you who love and care about you and that beautiful baby girl."

"I just miss the Jack that I fell in love with."