Chapter 14

*"Okay we've got the results..." The doctor interrupts.

I feel my heart rate start to increase as she opens my file to show the results. I can't breathe. I feel someone grab my hand but I can't even look to see who it is. My eyes are all watery and my vision is cloudy. It feels like time has stopped and the doctor is speaking in slow motion.

"Well..." The doctor starts.*

"Unfortunately, you both can't be the father. The results show who the father is but I think I'd like to have Alyssa be the first to know. Then she can decide how she wants to tell you."

Jack and Sam leave the room while I'm still in a daze.

"Are you okay? You look a little pale."

"I...I'll be fine. So who is it?"

"Who do you want it to be?"

"I honestly don't know."

"Well, Jack is the father to your unborn baby."

I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding in.

"I hope that's good news?"

"Good news for Jack. Bad news for Sam. Can you stay in here while I talk to them?"

"Of course. I'll call Samuel in first."

"Samuel could you come in here please?" The doctor asks as she walks out the door.

Sam walks back in with her.

"So?"

"The baby...is Jack's."

"Oh...okay. Well I guess that's a relief."

"Sam, I know you might have actually wanted to have this baby with Alyssa after thinking about it, but you're still so young. Babies take over people's lives. Think of this as a second chance and a wake up call. If you're going to have sexual relations with someone, make sure you use protection unless you're ready to go through this ordeal again."

"Yeah thanks I guess. Alyssa I'll still be around if you need anything."

"Thanks Sammy. I do have to ask you something though."

"Sure what's up?"

"Will you be the baby's godfather?"

"Of course" Sam says with a small smile.

He hugs me, and then he walks out. I think he handled that whole situation really well.

"Sam can you just wait in the waiting room?" I yell as he walks away.

"That's where I'll be!" He yells back.

I can't help but flash a little smile. He's taking this really well.

"Alright Jack, come on in" the doctor says as she closes the door behind him.

I run up to Jack and pull him into a tight hug. I can't help but let tears fall from my eyes.

"Hey, hey it's okay. I told you even if it's not mine I'll still be here for you."

"No Jack, I'm...it's...it's our baby. You're the father. These are tears of joy."

Jack wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead at least 10 times.

"I love you" he whispers as he wipes away his tears.