★ New Flame pt. 2 ♚

Alicia

I had just gotten out the shower and was picking out something to wear when my phone buzzed.

From Jeremiah:

I'll be outside your door at 8:00 pm :)
Wear something nice and formal.

I smiled and squealed in excitement.

I decided on wearing a royal blue strapless cocktail dress with my black Louboutins and black leather jacket with pearls. I put my curly hair into a half up half down style and brought my black Gucci bag.

My heart was beating so fast, I couldn't even believe it. I was so excited. Jeremiah was so handsome and he couldn't compare to Hakim. I felt bad, almost, as if I was cheating. But I wasnt cheating. Its only one date. If he tries to take it any further...
I'll decline. But I might not want to decline. It felt good to be treated like a woman not like a mother. I felt like me and Hakim were in a middle school relationship. My feelings for him slowly dwindled to a minimum at that moment. If at all.

I didn't really know Jeremiah that well but I wanted to get to know him better. He was definitely a charmer.

I brushed my teeth and popped a mint before putting on a little matte red for a pop of color and lip gloss.

Knock!

I heard the knock at my door and my heartbeat sped up.

"Hello." I opened the door, allowing Jeremiah to come into my apartment.

"Wow you look ...sexy- I mean, beautiful." He said, looking me up and down and biting his lip, sending chills down my spine.

"Thanks." I replied. "Sorry about the mess, Mr. Kingsley. I know you are probably not used to small apartments."

"What do you mean? I recently just moved into my own penthouse apartment."

"Well, I wouldn't call a penthouse small, Mr. Kingsley. Tell me all about it at dinner." I responded, walking out my apartment. "So where's your car?"

"Right here." He said, opening the door to a beautiful silver BMW.

"Oh wow." I said quietly. "You must make a lot."

"It was actually my fathers. He saved a lot to get this car, but by the time he was able to buy it, he was too old. So me being the oldest, I got the car."

"Cool." I said, looking around the interior. "So where are you taking me?"

"You' ll see." He chuckled, turning on the radio to a hip hop station.

"I see Mr. Businessman likes trap music."

He laughed. "You're a funny lady. Close your eyes." He said. "It's a surprise."

I shut my eyes tightly.

"Okay, we're here."

I opened my eyes, looking around. We were at one of the top 10 most expensive independent restaurants in America, noted by Forbes itself.

"Heaven's Cuisine? It costs almost $1000 for a single meal!" I gasped.

"First impressions last forever." He said, opening my door and helping me out.

"Well I know what my impression is." I said, smiling.

"And whats that?" he asked, escorting me into the restaurant.

"Tall, dark and handsome money maker."

"I'm not as stuck up as you may think. I just invest in companies and just so happen to own one of my own distributing companies."