♡ Touching Loving ♡

Alicia

It was my second week of working for Jeremiah and so far it was going great. I turned in my letter of resignation to Mr. Rivera and to be honest, I was kinda sad to leave my job. I was so used to the coziness of my own cuticle and I was definitely used to Josh yelling at me from 3 cubicles away. I admit my job was great. The pay wasn't as good as I'd hoped but my hours were extremely flexible and I was so blessed to be employed by them especially by my lack of degree. My coworkers weren't stuck up and my boss wasn't a jerk to me. I would really miss that.

The job Jeremiah offered was okay. The hours were flexible and the pay was great. There was only one thing.

Jeremiah was the problem. So far, I had pretty much avoided his presence after that day I was in his house. It would be soooooooooooo awkward. Usually I'd bring papers to his desk when he wasn't there, contact him only by email and text, make his morning coffee before he clocked in everyday so I had to be at work a little early.

I woke up same time this morning, waking up and getting in the shower, washing my hair and putting it into my same bun I mostly wore all the time.

I decided on wearing my navy blue pencil skirt and yellow peplum blouse. I had to leave a little bit early to avoid traffic and most importantly, to avoid Jeremiah.

I walked out to my car, getting in and driving my usual route.

I was doing exceptionally well. Traffic was low and I was almost to work.

Soon enough, cars started backing up little by little.

Jesus. Please let me get to work early, I pleaded.

No such luck.

The billboard sign flashed-

Accident on Route 9
Traffic is backed up!

I clicked my teeth. You jinxed it!! I cursed myself. It wasn't that serious, I tried telling myself. But it was. I was having an anxiety attack on the inside.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I honked my horn a couple of times, checking my watch. Oh great. Now I'm on time!

I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel anxiously until the Range Rover in front of me finally started creeping along and finally we got full speed.

I breathed a sigh of relief before stepping on the gas and turning into the parking lot. I tried running in my heels but I kept tripping and almost fell flat on my face. Twice. Damn sidewalks.

Finally, I made it in, putting my bag on top of my desk and heading over to the coffee station only to see the one and only Jeremiah. He was looking at the machine, pressing a few buttons. Of course he didn't know how to work it...I made his coffee everyday!

Danggg!!

I avoided his gaze, pouring his coffee.

"Alicia! There you are! I haven't seen you in like, forever since you started working here! At my company." He said a little too loud. I looked at him strangely. He chuckled lightly, forcing a smile. My coworkers looked around, confused.

He suddenly yanked my arm into his office, shutting and locking the door.

"What the hell!" He exclaimed.

I jumped at his violent outburst. I was scared and felt belittled, compared to his stature and him towering over me, like that time at his house.

"Why have you been avoiding me? I called-" He averted his eyes towards my neck and gently touched it.