Part 16

John's POV
"Tch!" I said.

Those bitches who think they can do anything with some power. Sometimes, you gotta knock some sense into them.

I look up, seeing Sera completely quiet.

When did I start thinking like this? I didn't want anything to do with hierarchy. The one that Arlo holds so close and dear to him. He can't think of any other way to keep order. It's the reason she's so miserable.

Seraphina's POV
This is one of the few times I saw this side of him... It's definitely... new to me. Of course, he had already told me how terribly he acted in the past. The John I know wouldn't hurt people for the fun of it. He must've done it for a reason, right?

I sure hope so.

The old me probably would've done the same thing. We're all not so different, are we?

"So..." I trail off.

Is he going to go heal his bloodied hands at the infirmary? Oh, wait-

I disrupt my trail of thoughts only to see John healing his hands. So swiftly, as well. Like it's the easiest thing in the world.

I mean, he had already told me that he has multiple ideas. The concept- or should I say the fact that he is able to mimic others abilities is still baffles me. Hypothetically speaking, if anyone had a higher level than him, he could probably still beat them, right? At least, using his ability.

Without it he's still pretty strong.

I don't know what to say... I guess changing the subject would be the best route.

"What if... when we go to the mall, you don't look at my mask? I have no idea which one you're wearing, so it'll only be fair if you don't know mine either. Plus, it'll add to the suspense. We're wearing masks for a reason." I proposed.

"..." John stayed quiet for a moment, tapping his chin.

"Sure, I guess. Why not?" He replied.

"But..." John started.

Oh no.

"We're not going to a clothing store. We can get some boba, though."

"Awh.. you always take the fun out of everything." I protested.

"Hey!" He pretended to be offended. "Where's the fun in shopping? I mean, just grab a shirt and go."

Is this what he thinking while he's waiting for me to finish? I mean, he does always look like he wants to leave as soon as possible. I guess I do make him go.

Most of the time.

*short time skip*

Arlo's POV
I was walking in the hallway, when someone bumps into me.

Great. Who decides to bump into me now?

I look up, seeing a familiar raven haired teen.

John.

"What do you want, now?" I ask, annoyed.

"Nothing."

Then the hell was that for? Actually...

I glance around me, thankful that no one was nearby to watch the scene.

"A word."

John glared at me, but reluctantly followed.

"What do you want?" He demands.