Part 26

The elite-tiers will now fight.

There are only 8 high-tiers.
(A/N- in unOrdinary, there might be more high-tiers that haven't been mentioned yet at Wellston, but I'm only going to just use the characters already in unOrdinary that were mentioned.)

An even number.

Which is the good case in this situation, since we will have a four vs four.

Make sense?

Elaine, Meili, Zeke, and Blyke will be on Team A.

Abel, Ventus, Holden, and Isen will be on Team B.

"Alright, is everyone ready?" Keene asked, turning his head to look over at the students.

"Yeah," a student replied.

"As much as I'll ever be," someone mumbled.

The rest of the students just nodded their head.

"And..." Keene paused for a moment, for suspense. "Start!" He yelled out, enthusiastically.

Blyke decided to make the first move, his eyes glowing a burnt yellow.

My ability is too predictable, he thought.

Ugh...

I am the strongest out of the high-tiers, and next in line for king, though.

That counts for something.

Blyke attempted to shake the thought out of his head, merely convincing himself he'll do just fine.

He created the red ball of energy and blasted it right at Abel.

The bright red energy beam blazed in the eyes of the students, burning through Abel, a gash soon appearing in the stricken body part.

Abel clutched his arm, bleeding.

This guy seems stronger than me, Abel thought.

Definitely not that masked monster, he's over there, he thought, shuddering at the thought.

Who else has an ability like that...?

Is it Blyke?

Yep, energy beam alright.

Abel's eyes glowed a similar dark yellow, creating an explosion as blasting it, attempting to hit Blyke.

Blyke used his energy beam to block it, and blasting Abel with it, striving to strike him with it.

The energy beam almost brushed past Abel, but he was to slow.

The energy beam struck part of his leg, causing it to bleed. The red liquid was slowly dripping.

Arghh, this hurts, Abel thought, gritting his teeth in a feeble attempt to not cry out in pain.

Abel tried walking with the bloodied leg, and caused yet another explosion towards Blyke, resulting in him blocking it yet again with his energy beam.

Blyke blasted him in the neck with his energy, for good measure. The energy beam had caused Abel to start coughing out blood while laying the ground.

Did I go a bit too far?

Ehh, he'll live, Blyke thought.

It'll be fine.

Meili charged at Ventus, her eyes glowing a fluorescent purple as her hands turned to claws.