Part 20/21

At this moment, John realized something. He was wearing his black mask. Many would recognize him as the one who beat them up. There could only be a few students they could assume it to be, correct? In reality, all the students were there, but not everyone knew that. Since John had earlier been looking out a window, nobody had noticed him.

Now, however, was a different story. Some students recognized him as the one who attacked Isen half to death.

John quickly turned around, trying to avoid recognition.

Damn it! He thought, slightly regretting his decision.

Why did I wear the same black mask?

Whispers passed through each student, each that believed it being equally terrified.

Some students questioned it, as anyone could have the back of a black mask. Not everyone regarded it as true.

Tanner and Rouker, attacked by him several days before, winced at the thought of him.

Illena, Krolik, Tanner, and Wenqi were scared to death. Literally. They recognized the masked asalient. He was definitely someone who they wouldn't forget.

The red head teen with a bob turned her head at the sight of the black mask.

Arlo wondered for a split second why everyone was looking at John with fear and turning away.

Right. He thought.

He beat Isen half to death, and most of the school witnessed it from the window.

Shortly after, he was interrupted from his thoughts.

"Alright everyone." Headmaster Vaughn started.

"We are proud to host Wellston's first school-wise Turf War! We hope you enjoy the special event we have prepared for you!"

Keene nodded to the Headmaster to continue.

John was focused on nobody suspecting him in the high tier section. Thankfully, the elite tiers were placed with the high tiers. The odds were on his favor for that. But for good karma, there's always some bad karma. Right?

"We have some rules for all of you."

A small groan escaped a few students lips.

John was jittery, nervous that someone would suspect him.

Oh.... He thought.

Some people already suspected me! Well, remembered me.

"All students have masks, correct?" He paused, briefly scanning the crowd of students.

"Yes." The students echoed.

"Alright. Nobody is allowed to reveal their identity."

Too late for Headmaster, as Zeke had already boasted, saying he'd win, for he is the almighty Zeke.

Not that he knew that.

"No cheating."

Some students were confused as to how they could cheat, but others knew very well about what he was talking about.

The ability boosters.

Not that the students would have access to them.

"Every student from each category will win a sum of money! The money on the line will rise, based on each category. The low-tier winner will win $30, mid-tier winner will win $45, the student who wins out of the elite category will win $60, high-tiers and god-tiers will win $75."