21:

There's only a day left of being in California. I'm looking out the window and I'm watching LA below me. I sigh and watch how the cars drive out of their parking spaces and as they drive down the street.

LA at four in the morning is still busy. I want to go for a drive and drive till sunrise with my friends and my boyfriend, but damn, I can't even walk on my own two feet. I wonder how the ocean is, under the moonlight, under the pier lights. I wonder how fresh it feels outside. I wonder how the breeze feels. I sigh, longing to never go back to Omaha. I want to stay here.

I should just go to sleep now, before I stay up till sunrise. I also just want to watch LA and the sun rise over it.

* * *

I woke up around eleven. The window is closed, I guess it was too bright for Liz.

"I don't want to leave!!!" I yell, stretching my arms out to the ceiling.

"Me neither," Liz groans in her bed. "Let's go to Chipotle, me and you, so we can have some best friend time."

"Yeah, for sure man."

"Yes Mrs. Gilinsky."

"Shut up, Mrs. Wilkinson."

"Correction, Elizabeth Marie Wilkinson."

"Liz, what the hell?"

"I'm playing, I'm playing. It is Mrs. Malik from One Direction. Screw Samuel."

I burst out laughing, "Oh my God. I'm going to tell Sam!!!"

"Please do," Liz laughs.

"Jesus, One Direction," I laugh. "Watch you marry Zayn."

"I will, you don't know that."

"Or watch you marry Sam," I say in a low tone.

"I doubt it, Sam will marry Mallory Thompson, Gilinsky will probably marry you or Leigh, and oh... nevermind."

"You don't know Liz, we don't know who we are going to marry in the next couple of years."

"Nope, of course not. It's fun to dream though."

"Yes it is fun to think about it."

I sat up in my bed, adjusting my leg carefully so the pain does not come back. I grab my phone out of my sweatshirt pocket, and text my mom. I asked her to bring Liz and I Chipotle, while Liz and I watch movies.

"You know, you'll be my maid of honor Liz."

"You'll be mine, even if I don't marry Zayn. But whoever I marry, you'll be my maid of honor."

"Of course," I smiled at her.

* * *

Later on we were busy packing to go back to Omaha.

"Man, I don't want to go back."

"Me neither Hayles. This trip was too much fun."

"No kidding," I sigh, folding up some t-shirts and shorts and I put them in my suitcase.

"No more Omaha. No more Omaha. Hey, let's come back when we graduate!!!"

"Liz you fucking genius!" I hug her and she smiles.

"No, I'm super duper fabulous!" She says flipping her hair.

"This is why we are best friends."

"This is why we are sisters."

I smile at my best friend and realize this trip brought us closer together.