33:

* Three Months Later *

Hayley:

It was finally March and finally spring break. Jack and I got accepted to UT Austin last week and it's the college we decided attend together. I was really excited about that.

Jack J asked out Steph about two weeks ago, I think it was Valentine's Day. Liz and Sam are a bit crazy, a little on and off but Jack is still trying to knock some sense into him.

The doorbell rings and I walk over to see who it is and it's Jack. "Baby," I whisper and open the door.

He has two bags filled with snacks and drinks and in his right hand he has movies. I smiled, "Come on in!"

He nods and gives me a kiss, "What should we watch first?" And he shows me the choices and one of them is my favorite movie.

"This one," I smirk at him and grab The Notebook.

"Agh, babe!" He pouts.

"It's your fault for bringing that movie!" I punch his arm and he laughs.

"I know, I know."

I throw myself on the couch and grab the chips and drink he got me. He kneels down to place the movie in the DVD player.

"Turn on the TV, Hayles," he says in a low, raspy voice.

I grab the remote from the coffee table and turn on the TV. He gets up and stands in front of the TV and presses play. He turns off the light and it's a little movie theater.

Oh, The Notebook, so beautiful and so typical for a movie night. Jack takes a seat next to me and puts his arm around me and he kisses my cheek.

* * *

The movie was finishing up. Jack got a phone call and he quickly answered it, stepping out of the living room. I checked the time and it read 6:16. He comes back in and he seems very urgent.

"You okay?" I ask.

"I got to go, I'll text you when I can."

"Jack, what happened?" I asked, looking at him gathering his things.

"I just have to go, I'm sorry."

"Jack? What happened? Would you just tell me what happened?"

"Hayley, I'll just call you later," he urgently yells and walking out the door.

I started to get scared for him, but I decided to just head upstairs for a nap.

The house was empty as I walked up the stairs, the sound of my steps echoed throughout the house. Once I walked into my room, I slowly slipped under the covers and closed my eyes. Finally, I was able to fall asleep.