38:

Of course I was invited to about three graduation parties, but I decided to just skip out on all that chaos. Instead, I decided to go to the hospital and visit Jack.

I walked in his room and there he was, sleeping like he has been for the past two months and he'll probably be sleeping there for a couple more months.

I pulled up a chair and I sit in the same spot I always sit in. I grabbed his hand and kissed the back of it and I looked at him.

"I missed you a lot today Jack," I begin. "You should have been there, to see me get my diploma and to get yours."

The tears begin to form in my eyes and I look down at his hand that I am holding. "I miss you Jack..."

In all honesty, I really did miss Jack. It's been too long since I've heard his voice, felt the warmth of his hugs, felt the soft kisses on my forehead and I just missed him.

I buried my head and I began to sob.

Jack:

I can hear sobs, but I just think I'm dreaming. Finally I recognize the sobs to be hers, Hayley's. I try to open my eyes so I can see her, she's right there next to me. I can feel her hand.

My eyes pop open to see the ceiling of the hospital. I look to my left and I see Hayley, sobbing.

"Baby," my voice is weak. I know she did not hear me. I let go of her hand so gently that she won't feel it and then I place my hand on her head.

I brush my finger through her hair and she suddenly stops crying. She takes my hand away from her head and looks up at me.

"Baby?" She whispers.

I'm looking at this beautiful girl in front of me. She's my girlfriend and she looks so beautiful.

"Beautiful girl," I whisper.

"You're awake!" She begins to kiss my hand and more tears start to roll down her cheeks.

"Shh baby girl, don't cry anymore," I comfort her and wipe the tears away.

"They said you weren't going to wake up and..." I stop her.

"I'm awake now aren't I?"

She nods and kisses me.

Hayley:

I'm looking at Jack and he's alive and okay.

"You're awake!" I say out loud and I begin to kiss his hand. More and more tears keep forming in my eyes.

"Shh baby girl, don't cry anymore," Jack says, his voice is weak and shaky.

"They said you weren't going to wake up and..." He stops me by placing his finger on my lips.

"I'm awake now aren't I?" He smiles the beautiful smile I have been missing.

I nod and I press my hands to his cheeks and I kiss him. I missed kissing him.

I pulled away, "I love you Jack Gilinsky."

"I love you too baby."

And with a weak hand, he pulls me right back in for another kiss.