35:

My eyes slowly started to open and I can hear the faint sound of sobbing.

I look to my left and see Liz, wiping the tears from her eyes. I open my eyes more and I can get a clear focus on her.

"Lizzie..." I groan but I'm audible.

"Hayles? You okay?" She questions.

I look out the window and it's bright outside.

"How long have I been out?"

"Since last night... Jesus, you scared me Hayley!!!"

She begins to get upset and I'm just looking at her.

"Last night was crazy Hayley, your mom came and she was hysterical. I was too. I'm sorry about Jack but think about us too."

Tears started forming in my eyes and I looked at her.

"Jack, is still in a coma and he needs a ventilator to breathe. They don't think he's going to wake up soon..."

I don't say anything. I continue to blink my eyes and breathe slowly.

"Do you know how it happened?" I finally ask after five minutes.

"Leigh, was the one who hit him."

I looked at her and I can feel my heart drop. "You're kidding?" I choke on my words.

"No... I'm sorry."

I couldn't speak, my eyes stayed at the ceiling. The tears that now formed in my eyes were chilling against my cheeks.

Jack is in a coma because of Leigh.

"She didn't mean to, you should have seen her last night. She was crying and screaming. She told me she was sorry about it and she can't say it enough. She even came in to see you."

I continued to stare at the ceiling. I had to live with the fact that my boyfriend is in a coma and he could get out of it tomorrow, next week, next month or he could never get out and I'll lose him forever.

"Can I go see him?" I sob, my voice is shaky.

"Yes, come on girl."

She helps me off the bed. I wipe the tears from my eyes.

"He's down the hall from you, I guess your mom or Sam told them to put him near you."

I barely manage to smile as we continue to walk away. The hall is quiet since Liz and I aren't talking. She stays on my left side just in case I'm feeling a bit dizzy, which I am not.

We finally reach his room. The door is slightly open. Liz looks at me, practically telling me to go in alone. I give her a nod and walk in.

The room is somewhat cold, but it's not too cold. Then I see him, lying there on the hospital bed. The injuries that I see tell me that this accident was bad.

"Jack..." I whisper, putting my hand over my mouth in disbelief.

It can't be him.

"Wake up..." I whisper again.

I pull up a chair by his bedside and I grab his cool hand. I look at it. The slight bruise that's over the back of his hand and the cuts he has because of his glass.

I brush through his hair and I notice the bruises, the swelling, the cuts on his tan face. "Baby," I whisper.

I'm in tears now as I am staring at him and the state he is in. His skin is so cold and beat up and bruised. I wish I took him to his house. I wish he could have stayed at mine, because I will still have my love with me.

"Come home to me soon baby," I whisper and wipe the tears from my eyes.

I gently kiss his cold, chapped, lips and walk out. Thank God Liz is still there because immediately I run into her arms, sobbing loud.

"Shh, it's okay..." She whispers, trying to calm me down. "He's going to be okay, Jack is a fighter and he has people he wants to fight for."

I just nod, still sobbing. I am still in disbelief that Jack, my Jack, is in a coma.