Chapter Twenty

"Oh, okay." He said waking up, his palms sweating. He heard the murmuring from the crowd of students watching their competition. It was exactly how it was before. They show faces of stone! However, hidden behind that thin layer was nothing but cotton candy yet to touch water. 

"Here's the ball, I want you to throw it as far as you can." Informed Aizawa. Izuku was thirsty, his throat was parched. He was more nervous than he was original. Before, he hadn't thought much of the people he'll be spending some time with. 

"So can I go?" He asked, the sweat of his palms getting heavier. 

"Sure, whenever you're ready." His teacher replied, his hands gripping his clipboard roughly in anticipation. This student of his scored a perfect score on the entrance exam tests, and he scored top ten overall. His expectations grew.

"Okay." It was quick and quiet. Deku pulled back and activated One for All. Then he threw...but the ball slipped and hit his foot, still inside the circle they had to throw from.

"Ha, weak!" A voice yelled over the crowd watching his failure.

"Oh, sorry sensei. The ball slipped from my hands. Can I get a second try?" He asked scratching the back of his head. Izuku's cheeks were tinted red, and the embarrassment he felt was surprising. Not even twice had he felt embarrassed in his past life.

"Sure, but that'll be the last chance."

"Thanks. Here I go!" The green-haired boy yelled throwing the ball full force. It was amazing to watch as the ball cracked and shattered the sound barrier as it was leaving his hand. The Shockwave alone was enough to knock some of the spectators off of their feet.

"Wow, dude what the fuck." Said the red-haired boy Kirishima. 

"4.2 kilometers!" He yelled as the number stopped after a minute or so. 

"Deku, what the fuck. How the hell did you get a quirk?!" The fake Bakugo screamed. She was furious, how dare someone like him lie to her continuously for years? Had she been delusional, had he always had a quirk?

"Calm down, or you'll be expelled!" Aizawa spoke wrapping her in his scarf. She looked like a mad dog with rabies if you looked hard enough. You'll surely see the foam, foaming from her mouth.

He's feeling it again: the fear, the nervousness, and the uncertainty. It felt like a week since his talk with All Might, but it's already been ten months since then. His ears were ringing loudly and his vision was blurring, his hands were shaking and his legs felt weak. He no longer felt human: no longer human.

"I need to go to the restroom Aizawa sensei." He says not even waiting for an answer from his teacher. He felt a tingling sensation grow from his; it felt like maggots were swimming through his toenails.  With each step, his pace sped up and it took not but twenty seconds to make it to the restrooms.

He quickly banged open the door, running to a stall and throwing up his breakfast. Instead, it wasn't his breakfast that came up. His entrails spilled from his mouth and blood painted the floor and his red shoes, darkening and staining his sneakers. He tried standing up, but his hands slipped and his head struck the toilet seat knocking him out.

"Here's the ball, I want you to throw it as far as possible." Informed Aizawa. Izuku's eyes teared, and his hands quickly reached for his skull. He knew it was bleeding when he passed out, yet that iron liquid still had yet to drip from its burrow. 

"Midoriyah, are you going to go?" He asked again.

"Oh, yeah," Izuku replied to the senior. He clenched the ball calming his hands as he activated One for all, but something changed. Instead of the illuminating vibrant green, he was used to, the color darkened and churned his pupils. Black and red lightning, they mixed. The bundles of red lightning were wrapped inside black outlines. They no longer carried the grace and power of One for All, but the sporadic nature of All for One.