Chapter 1

So, it had been about six months at camp, and Ashley and I had become great friends. We were laughing near the lake one day when Miranda Gardner came and summoned us to the Big House. So, we walked over, telling jokes and having a good time. As we walked in, Chiron and Mr. D looked up from their cards. Looked like Chiron was the winner of the last hand, judging from the laurel wreath on his lap. Chiron smiled.

"Hello, children. How are you."

We both shrugged and I asked, "Excuse me, Chiron, but why are we here?"

Chiron's face fell a bit. Mr. D's eyebrows raised a bit, as if his favorite program had just come on. "I'm afraid, kids, that we are in need of assistance. We are in need of people for a quest. We have seletced you two, I'm afraid, to do it."

We stared at him for a while, then we jumped up and high-fived each other. We whooped and did a little victory dance while Chiron and Mr. D just stared at us. When we were finished(which took quite a long time), Chiron cleared his throat while Mr. D casually slipped out of the Big house.

"Very well, then, as you are both excited to go on the quest, so be it. Your third person shall be Jessica Marter. I wish you the best of luck."

We set out to pack our bags. I got all the supplies from around the world stuffed into a backpack and waited for the others. As Jessica, daughter of Ares, stepped out, I did a quick examination. She was strong, like any child of Ares, but she also had a gleam of intelligence in her eyes. If I had met her randomly at camp, I would have assumed a child of Athena.

We waited for Ashley together in silence. I sensed that she didn't like to speak more than she needed. When Ashley stepped out, we walked over to a car and drove off to New Jersey.

In the car, Jessica spoke up. In a deep voice, she explained.

"We are heading to New Jersey. We're trying to track a maze known as the Labyrinth. In ancient times, it was used to keep the Minotaur captive. We believe Kronos and Luke are trying to use it."

We nodded. "Sounds like a plan." Ashley said.

"Should be a piece of cake." I said, smiling.

Jessica groaned and rubbed her head. "I hate kids."

And so, we drove to New Jersey, ready for our quest.