Nails

Warnings: Language, Crossdressing, Prostitution (Undercover mission)

"Grayson, what the hell are those things?" Damian asked, staring at Dick's fingers. 

"Nails. I have an undercover mission coming up for the BPD and I have to wear these. I drew the short end of the stick." Richard explained, moving his fingers, like he was flexing the nails in question. 

"How do you do anything with those?" Damian asked. 

The nails were about an inch and a half long from the nail bed to the tip. They were a beautiful mix of rose gold, very sheer white, and black. 

"That's why I have to wear them now, so I can get used to them." Dick said, trying to untie his converse shoes. 

A long whistle was heard before Stephanie was in the foyer. 

"Nice nails!" Stephanie smiled. 

"Thanks." Dick said, still trying to get his laces undone. 

"Use the pads of your fingers." Steph said.

Richard took a second, but tried it and soon got the laces undone. 

"Thanks again." Dick smiled, taking his shoes off.

"The fuck are you doing?" Jason asked, originally just walking by but stopped once he saw Dick's nails.

"Undercover mission." Richard said, standing up. 

"Oh, this will be fun." Jason smirked, already seeing that Dick wasn't used to the nails.

"Yeah, especially since I have to do paperwork and then type it out for the department." Richard frowned, getting his backpack from his back.

Jason smiled more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Think you got the hang of it yet?" Jason asked, after Dick made yet another mistake. 

"I think I'm going to take a break. I'm hungry, what about you?" Richard asked Jason.

"Heck yeah, I want to see you try to eat!" Jason laughed. 

Dick sighed, "Don't you have anything else to do?" 

"No, Bruce 'grounded' me for killing another scumbag." Jason said. 

Richard sighed even harder. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dick looked down at the bowl of his snack. 

How was he supposed to use the fork?

He kept trying with his nails, but atlas to no avail. 

Cass looked at him with a tilted head for a good minute. 

Jason was just laughing in the background.

Cass got up, put her bowl in the sink, and then went to Dick and repositioned his hands. 

"Try." Cass said.

Richard tried and it was a lot easier!

"Is this just natural for females? I haven't seen either you nor Steph wear long nails, but you know how to use them!" Dick asked, amazed. 

"No." Cass shook her head a bit before walking away.

"Way to be a bit sexist, Dick." Jason smirked. 

Richard sighed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At dinner, Bruce just raised an eyebrow at the nails Dick was wearing. 

"I don't think I've had enough coffee for this." Tim said.

"Work, I take it?" Bruce asked, while finishing his meal. 

"Yes." Dick said, frustrated as he was having trouble holding his fork and knife to cut his food.

 Bruce sighed before he stood up and came over to Dick. 

He repositioned Richard's hands, "Use the pads of your fingers a lot." 

Bruce then left. 

"Should I be concerned that he isn't really questioning, or the fact that he knows how to use these?" Dick asked.

"We're vigilantes. Does it really surprise you?" Tim asked. 

"No, no it really doesn't." Richard shook his head. 

I hope you really enjoyed this one! I'm trying long nails for the first time and boy is it difficult! Also I really like that Bruce knows his way around acrylic nails too! lol

 ~Raven