Decorations!

WARNING: Talks about Santa, Christmas, Damian finds out about Santa and immediately figures out the truth. He's a sad sap. 

Richard hummed a Christmas song as he took a box full of decorations out of the attic. 

"Okay, that's the last box, Alfred!" Dick smiled. 

"Thank you, Master Richard." Alfred smiled back at him. 

"Pennyworth! I demand to know what all this clutter is doing here!" Damian said, looking at all the boxes. 

"Dami! It's not clutter. It's Christmas decorations!" Richard smiled. 

"Grayson...what is this...Christmas. And these...decorations?" Damian asked. 

Richard blinked his eyes a few times. 

"Damian, these decorations are to help get everyone-Bruce- into a festive spirit! You can help us decorate too! As for Christmas, it's a celebration of the birth of Jesus." Dick said. 

"Why the decorations then?" Damian asked, "Shouldn't they be birthday decorations then?" 

Richard was silent.

"Uhmm... Alfred!" Dick yelled to Alfred. 

Alfred sighed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I still do not understand." Damian said, looking at the candy canes on the Christmas Tree. 

"We all know that." Jason said, smirking. 

"Kids, it's 7:00 AM. Can't we wait for another hour?" Bruce asked. 

It was currently Christmas Day. 

And Bruce hadn't had his coffee yet. 

"How much longer on the coffee?" Dick asked Tim. 

"Another 5 minutes." Tim said. 

"Why do we give each other presents?" Damian asked. 

"Because it's tradition!" Richard said. 

"And I don't believe that Santa came in here. Not with the security we have. Father would never allow a stranger to just come into our Manor in the middle of the night to sneak around our house." Damian said. 

"Dang. This kid is a drag." Duke said. 

"He normally is." Barbra said. 

"Can you just pretend?" Richard asked Damian. 

"No. None of this is logical!" Damian frowned. 

Dick sighed. 

"Okay, Santa isn't real. It's just an excuse to give you more presents." Richard said. 

"Why can't you just give me presents? Why did you have to pretend to be someone else?" Damian asked. 

"Because every kid has the right to believe in Santa!" Dick exclaimed. 

"Richard. Stop yelling." Bruce said. 

"Sorry, Daddy!" Dick whispered, smiling in embarrassment.  

"Why do you still call him 'Daddy'?" Duke asked, bewildered. 

"All of those questions have to do with his childhood and underlying psychological problems." Bruce answered. 

Everyone silently looked at Bruce. 

A ding was heard. 

"The coffee maker! Oh thank gosh!" Tim was up and running to the kitchen.

Bruce followed shortly after him. 

"We're not going to speak about this again." Richard said. 

"Never." Duke agreed. 

"I still do not understand." Damian said, arms crossed. 

"Just open your presents." Dick said. 

Merry Christmas!!! :D