Sorry

As Bruce raises children, he learns a few things.

WARN: Language (Jason) (You already knew that though.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first time Bruce did it, it was after a fight with Richard.

"I hate you!" Dick screamed, slamming his door.

Bruce sighed, tired and exhausted. 

"I take it that the young master will be spending dinner in his room." Alfred not-so-asked.

"Was I like that at his age?" Bruce asked.

"As I recalled, you were a bit more...toothy." Alfred said.

"Gosh! I'm sorry Alfred. I must have been horrid." Bruce said.

"Yes, well, like young master Richard, you were both going though big changes in your lives." Alfred said.

Bruce turned and hugged Alfred tightly.

"Woah!" Alfred was surprised. 

He expected surprise hugs from Richard but not Bruce.

"And this is for...?" Alfred trailed off.

"Thank you for dealing with my horrible mood swings from childhood. Even now. Thank you, Alfred." Bruce said in his ear.

"Of course, sir." Alfred smiled.

The hug ended.

Bruce started to walk to the kitchen when Alfred grabbed his shoulder.

Bruce turned back to look at him.

"Master Richard will get out of this stage eventually. Don't get upset about what he said. I assure you that it was a spur of the moment." Alfred said.

Bruce smiled and nodded.

Later that night, once Richard cooled down, he hugged Bruce, tears falling down his face.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it! I love you! I would never hate you! I'm sorry, Bruce!" Richard babbled, crying into Bruce's pant leg.

"Hey, hey! It's okay, I know you didn't mean it. You were just angry and it all slipped away from you. You're a good kid, Richard. I just don't want to see this as a habit." Bruce said.

"I'll be better, Bruce! I promise!" Dick said, determined.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jason, what are these?" Bruce asked, holding up a pack of cigarettes. 

"Where did you get those from?" Jason nodded at the pack.

"Well?" Bruce asked.

"Did you go through my room?" Jason's voice got louder.

"Why do you have these?" Bruce asked, voice becoming icy and stern.

"What the fuck Bruce?! That's my room and my stuff! You can't just go through them, old man!" Jason yelled.

"I'm your guardian. I can go through your room and I will go through your room when I suspect you're doing illegal things. Like smoking! You're 15, Jason! How did you get these?" Bruce's voice raised.

"Those are just papers! YOU'LL NEVER BE MY FATHER!" Jason screamed.

He ran out of Bruce's study.

Bruce pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"Coffee, sir?" Alfred asked.

Bruce looked up, "Thanks, Alfred."

"Sir, if I may. What you did was right. Jason does need his space, but you need to stop the illegal activity before he gets into something worse." Alfred said as he put the coffee cup next to Bruce.

"Dick was so much more...upstanding." Bruce searched for a word.

"With all due respect, Master Bruce." Alfred looked Bruce in the eyes, "Jason is not Richard."

"You can say that again." Bruce snorted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Uhmm...Tim, do we need to talk?" Bruce looked at all the photos that Tim had taken.

There were piles of them. 

There was so many photos that you couldn't see the floor.

"They're evidence." Tim said.

"Evidence for what?" Bruce asked.

Tim was quiet.

"Tim. I think that it would  be best if you put down your camera." Bruce said.

"Put...down...my camera?" Tim looked at hos camera and clutched it tighter.

"Tim it's okay. Just put it down in the Manor at least. No one will take it, I promise." Bruce said.

Tim put his camera on one of his bookcase shelves.

"Can we go through these and see what ones you really need?" Bruce pointed to the photos.

Tim looked at the photos.

"I guess there is a bit much." Tim shyly smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Father. There is a play that the school will be holding this Friday night. You do not have to come however." Damian put the sheet of paper on Bruce's desk.

Bruce blinked at the paper.

"Alright." Bruce didn't know what to do.

Damian nodded and then left.

"What just happened?" Bruce asked Alfred, who came in with a pot of tea and tea fixings.

"I believe that Damian wants you to go to his play." Alfred said.

"Why didn't he just say so?" Bruce asked.

"Damian works in mysterious ways." Alfred said.

"Only Dick can understand him. I swear, Joker makes more sense then him." Bruce shook his head. 

"Patience, Master Bruce." Alfred said.

"I need all of it." Bruce deadpanned.

Alfred gave a chuckle. 

"That you do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's a bit short, but I like it.