Chapter 17

Sherlock POV

"John, come to bed, we have school tomorrow. She'll be fine", John was running around the flat, cleaning up the mess that me and Diana made in the living room. She's now six months old, me and John are in 11th grade now we just needed one more year to graduate. Diana is literally the hungriest, laziest and whiniest baby I've ever met, she's the tiny version of John.

"Well maybe I would if you two wouldn't have made such a mess in the living room. Sherlock did you already put Diana down?", John's voice sounded tired with a threatening tone to it. I turn to my left to see a fully awake Diana giggling to John's voice, I shushed her and put a blanket over her.

"Yes, I did, stop worrying and come to bed", Diana giggled even louder when she heard John's footsteps in the hall.

"Sherlock, I know Diana is under the covers, now get her to room, now please, I want sleep", he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration, I was surprised that John noticed that. I pulled the covers off and Diana laughter lifted the rooms spirits.

"Come on Diana, daddy needs his sleep", I pick her up, but she threw herself back to the bed and turned to John's direction lifting her little arms up. She was begging John to carry her with her shiny blue eyes, I gave John a 'sorry' look, but John ignored it and picked her up.

"Oh, my little sweet princess, I spoiled you too much haven't I", John threw her in the air and caught her, he then washed her down with kisses all over her face, she kept laughing giving John sloppy kisses.

John and I turned to the door hearing a flash sound from a camera phone. Mrs. Hudson has been doing this for the last six months, she saves every picture and puts them in a photo album.

"Mrs. Hudson, please stop doing that", John begged stepping out of the room.

"Never", she gave John a big hug and a kiss on his forehead.

I followed John to Diana's room ignoring Mrs. Hudson's rambling about something that's not important. Diana was already dead asleep by the time we reached the crib, she does fall asleep faster with John. After we settled her down the crib, John was in a hurry to bed.

"Sherlock what-", John stopped talking when I pick him up bridal style, he laughed.

"Sleep, my darling", I kissed his forehead gently and be his himself in my neck.

"I love you so much, you know", his voice sounded full of regret and guilt, he gripped my collar even tighter.

"John?", I let him go and he practically ran to our room, I followed him. He was sitting in the edge of the bed, he covered his face with his palm. I sat next to him waiting several of seconds for him to explain but he didn't.

"Care to explain?", I said softly not sounding demanding.

He groaned and looked up and smiled, "What's next month, Sherlock?", he puts his forehead in my shoulders.

I thought deeply and there is only one important day in March,"Your birthday, John did you think I forgot your birthday?", I chuckled.

He shook his head, "Well yes, but it's also my 18th birthday and well you know...", he threw himself to the bed staring at the ceiling, I followed him down. I stared at him, he was nervous and tense, I know how to fix that. I kissed his forehead, my hand reaching under his shirt, he had the smoothest torso I've ever felt. Even after the baby John kept up with his exercise showing his six pack and biceps.

"Just tell me John, I wont get mad, I promise", I move myself on top of him, hand either side head.

"I got a letter a week ago about training in Afghanistan for two months-", I didn't let him finish, I quickly got off of him.

"What?!", I looked at him in disbelief, "Why would- how could you still go when you have a family, John. Can you imagine what it would do to us", I felt cold, wet tears falling down my face.

"Look, Sherlock, it's not the real thing yet, okay. It is just for two months in the summer and I'm going whether you like it or not. It's my life and that's final", he looked at me sternly with no hesitation.

"No", he stood up at my words.

"No?", he looked at me questionably.

"I will not let you do this, she needs you more than I do, do you understand me", I grabbed his shoulders and pinned him against the door, he winced trying not to look at me, "Do you understand me!", I hit the wall with my first centimeters away from his face.

"Get off of S-", I slam my fist to the wall again.

"John! Do you understand me!", I tried to control my anger.

"Get off S-, your hurting me, please", he voice trailed off, but why didn't he say by name.

"John, look at me", I gripped his hair for him to look at me, "what's my name", he didn't open his eyes, looking at the opposite direction.

"Please, Seb, stop it hurts", he was trying to escape my grip. I let go of him, and looked at him. Did he just call me 'Seb'?

"What did you just call me?", I acted like I was insulted.

He kept his head down until I spoke the him, at first he looked confused at my question. When he looked up, he notice his mistake, his eyes grew bigger and I could hear his heart accelerate.

"Sherlock? Oh my god, I'm sorry, is that the way you were yelling at me and how you-", I struck him with all my force with my fist directly in his right cheek. He landed on the floor, he stayed there staring at the floor a hand on the injured cheek. I inhale deep breathes to control my anger, I didn't feel a bit regretful, he will not leave my family. Our family.

"John, you know me and how protective I am, why would you think I would let you go", I sat on the bed, my anger was under control.

"I didn't ask you, I was telling you that I was going", he stood up, still looking down, he was reaching for the door. I quickly reacted and grabbed his shoulder and forcefully turned him around, he shook my hand wincing a bit.

"John if you do this, I will never forgive you and take Diana away from you", I knew John would die before anything could happen to her or worse her being taken away from him.

He chucked, "You and I know that will never happen, you know why? Cause your not her real father", he gave me a stern look and went to living room, I didn't hear from him again.

Didn't expect that did you😭