Stuck on Stupid

I made it home safely even though my anxiety from tonight made it worse. I really want to have a nice dinner tonight but shit always gotta be ruined. This is why I'm a loner and I'm cool with that. And I do not care either.

I got out of my car and unlocked my front door and quickly put in my portable lock. My neighborhood isn't bad but I don't put anything past anything. I checked my Ring doorbell and found no suspicious activity yet.

"Another lonely ass night. Cool," I said to myself.

*incoming call*

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Girl you steady letting Jamal on yo page?" Kourtney said.

"I unfriended Jamal. His comments are just there. He really pissed me off this time. Always got some shit to say about me but was just in my face before he left. I'm not understanding this like...he said he's been this way but that is not true at all. I've been following him for a couple years and it wasn't until these past couple months he's been acting like that. Everytime he posts about the most toxic shit and wonders why he's single.No bad blood though I just lost interest,"

"Yeah girl. But hey we should go blind dating," She suggested.

"What made you think of that?" I asked.

"Because I want us to meet new people it's been a while since we had some fun,"

"We can do that with each other,"

"Girl I'm only saying this because me and my nigga are on bad fucking terms and you have been single for a while and I want us to go out and mingle, you get what I'm saying?"

"So you're only doing this because you wanna get back at Tyren?" I asked frowning.

"Yeah. I don't wanna do it alone,"

"Oh my god, Kourtney!"

"Look it will only be one time and we won't have to do it again. Tyren out here cheating so imma do the same,"

"Why not just leave?" I asked, scrunching my face.

"I tried to and everytime I do he cries for me to come back,"

"I am not tryna be in ya lil mishap,"

"Please? I really need this. I just wanna be free and not feel like shit for once. I know I need to leave him but I'll deal with that. I met these guys at Sky Golf yesterday and they are both friends. Both are 24 and they live in the wealthy area of Houston," She explained.

"What are they names,"

"Brandon and Jayson. They are both tall, dark skin guys and I know how much you love tall dark skin guys. So I figured you would give one of them a chance,"

"Which one?"

"Jayson. I know you'll like him. He's in school studying medicine just like you were. But he's about to graduate in May. Their parents own a record company in three different states,"

"Wow! How you get their numbers?"

"Girl cause I look good. And I was telling them about you and I showed them a couple of pictures and stuff and Jayson wanted you. I did want Jayson at first but Brandon was fine too so I didn't care. The point is, these men want to meet us tomorrow night at 7 at Ruth Chris"

"Damn these niggas really do got money,"

"Exactly! So dress nice. I already told them you coming along so be ready before 7!"

"But you don't know if I have something to do or not," I said looking in my closet for something to wear.

"Well, do you," She asked.