The Lies You Tell

"Hey baby. What are you doing?" Dandy asked Gino.

"Just looking through this new social media stuff. Some app called TikTok and I've been on it for an hour. It's addictive," he said laughing.

    "Yeah, these kids come up with anything these days," She said, caressing shoulders.

    "Yeah. I gotta go to the office today and sort out some stuff. I should be back in a little bit," He said, getting up from his chair.

    "How long have you been cheating?" She asked.

    He stopped dead in his tracks and slowly turned around. There was a weird awkward silence and some strong tension. Gino sucked his lips in as he was trying to gather some words. Dandy was frantically tapping her feet.

    "You let him get to you," He said.

    "I didn't let shit, Gino. I knew for a very long time. I just didn't know exactly when you started. But I knew. I noticed how you weren't affectionate to me anymore, you've been avoiding me, you won't even sleep in the same bed with me anymore. I know and I've seen what you've been doing. Fifteen years of marriage and you wanna give it all up for bitches you don't even know. And for people you just met," She said.

    "It was a mistake," he said.

    "It was a choice. A mistake is something you didn't mean to do. Such as submitting a paper to the wrong email address. A choice is something you have been meaning to do. Such as cheating. You put in the action, you kept doing it, and not once did you think to stop and apologize," She said.

    "...We've been on the road a lot and weren't really around each other. I got a little lonely until I started branching off to different women. Yes I did mean to do it...I wanted to feel alive again," He admitted.

    "So if I was to feel alive again, would you be okay with me seeing other people? I don't know why men do this shit. If you aren't happy, we can talk about it and try to work on it and if all else fails, then we get a divorce," She said.

    "No, no, no. We can work it out. We can work it out," He said.

    "How long has this cheating been going on?" She asked, crossing her arms.

    "Dandy," He said.

    "Answer the question first,"

    "It's been a while like at least 2 maybe 3 years," He said.

    Dandy had slapped him and kicked into the glass table, causing it to shatter. Dandy gave him some time to get up and get himself together. Gino charged at her but missed and fell on the bookshelf and the bookshelf fell over cracking the window. Dandy grabbed a bat from underneath one of the couches and swung it around.

    "What the fuck are you doing? It wouldn't be nice if I hit you!" He said, trying to get up.

    "Oh you can hit me. Ian no punk. Nor am I some scary ass bitch. You think you can just do what the hell you wanna do and get away with it? We have been working hard to give our children the best life possible and you wanna fuck around with other skank hoes? I've been working hard traveling from state to state, country to country for us! For us! You niggas are so ungrateful! I made sacrifices for me, you, our kids, and Ms. Maria and the only thing you're worried about is sex? I get it. I get it. But you're married. Have some damn respect. Have some decency. But I see you messed that up now," She said, charging towards him with the bat.

    "Dandy, wait a minute! Wait! Wait a minute, Dandy!" He yelled.