Nothing good ever lasts

4th of July weekend!!
I was getting ready cause we were going to the country club for today. Jack and I were inseparable we did everything together now and he was a real close friend.
One day he told me how his ex girlfriend cheated on him with his best friend and then she just laughed in his face.Thats when I decided I should tell him about my past. When I had finish he wiped a tear away from my face and he said your to pretty to be crying for a loser who clearly doesn't deserve you or your time. I smile at the thought of it still..
.....At the country club.....
I was with my family expect my older brother he stayed home and Nash's family cause Cynthia was in Washington for the summer and Israel went to six flags.
I got up and walked to the pool side when someone covered my eyes and said "guess who"
"Umm Nash you do realize your like the only person I talk to here."i responded
"Well you talk to me a lot ."they let go of me and there standing was Jack Gilinsky.
"Oh sorry Jack I didn't know you where here."I said embarrassedly
"Hey no need to apologize I came over to show you something."
He grabbed my hand and took me to the roof top of the country club.
"Wow its beautiful up here." I said in amazement
"Just like you." Jack responded
We looked in each others eyes and he leaned closer but before our lips touched I spoke up "Jack I can't..I-I just can't do this right now it's to early." I said almost regretting every single bit.
"Lily please let me fix you.i promise with all my heart I would never treat you like the others. lily please everyday I'm with you I get this tingly sensation and I think about you day and night. Your in my head 24/7. I want to be the one to help you get through tough times, I want to be the one you come for for help,or when your just sad.i want to be able to say I put that beautiful smile on your face.please Lily just give me a chance?"i looked into his eyes and before I could stop myself I kissed him.
We pulled away when Nash came through the door "umm Lily." he said with concern
"U-uh I don't know how to tell you this but it's Zesus.kevin called saying he's at the dog hospital he got a heart attack." he said and just watched my happiness fade
...Flashback
My mom was recording me coming home with a puppy in my hands.i walked in and she said "Lily?" "mom I can explain but promise you won't get mad." I pleaded
"Ok." my mom said back
"Ok well this lady was about to throw him away cause no one wanted him..and mom I just couldn't resist please mom please I couldn't let them do it so I took him."i said pleading
"Ok. fine but go ask your father he's in his office."she said and relief came to me this shall be easy. "daddy?" I walked into his office. "yah sweetie." he looked up at me and I started to cry "this lady was about to throw away this puppy and ijustcouldntstopmyself. Can we please keep him." I said crying and pleading
"Of Course sweetie. you did the right thing."he seemed blinded that I was fake crying.
I wiped the tears away and walked to my mom and said "and that's how you get what you want ."
And then she stopped recording.
...end of flash back...
Come to think about it I was a brat back then. and now I'm losing the only thing who never betrayed me, never gave me dirty looks, I was losing the most important thing in the world my best friend, my listener, my defender, the one who cared when no one was around.