Chapter 5

Jack's POV

I laughed along with Mahogany. She told me about her experience during her job in Michigan. I havent met her since she moved to Michigan. And now she returned to Omaha.

"I think, I have to go. I have to go back before dinner. C U!" She said looked up from her watch.
"Ok. C U!" I Replied.

Mahogany stood up from the chair and walk headed to parking lot. I saw my ice cream had melted. I get up from my chair, and throwing my ice cream cup. I realized that there are two cups of ice cream.

Shit! Caitlin. Where is she ?Gosh, this is all my fault. I ignored her since Mahogany came. I ran out of the ice cream shop. I run looking for her. Gosh, how if she gets hurt? I will not let that happen. This all my fault, shit. I cant find her anywhere, the sky is getting dark, Caitlin must be scared. Damn, I messed up.

¤¤¤¤

I still run to find her. I will never forgive my self if she gets hurt. I'm really tired, I'm sweating now. I'm leaning to a wall I tried to call her phone, damn it, I dont have her phone number. What I had to call her
mother? She will be disappointed of me. But, maybe I can ask for help. I decided to call Mrs.Hart but I heard someone shouting, not far from where I was stood. I'm worried if it was Caitlin. I ran towards the voice.

I saw Caitlin plagued by two bitches, they try to take Caitlin's purse. Caitlin did not resist, maybe because she panicked or scared. I ran over to Caitlin. I hugged Caitlin and snatch her purse back.

"Stay away from her!" I yelled.
"Oh boy, you look cute." One of em said.

I ignore them and walk away with Caitlin in my embrace. We stopped and sat on the bench. She hugged me, I could feel her tears soaking on my shirt, but I'm OK with it tho. She wrapped her arms around my waist, I rub her back and rest my chin on her head.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

There is no answer from her, i feel really bad. But after a few minutes, she looks up at me, I can see her eyes were red and puffy. She smiles, i cant help but smile back.

"I was scared that time."She said
"This is all my fault. I ignored U, I'm sorry. I really am. I promise to my self i will never forgive my self if U get hurt. Did U get hurt?"I asked worried.
"I'm Okay. They just want to take my purse Because they think it's cute. I cannot let them take one of my favorite purse."She said, laughed.
"But, do U want to forgive me? Please, bc i feel really bad." I asked.

She let go of my embrace and lean onto the bench, cross her arms and look at me. I look at her.

"I forgive U." She said.

I feel calm now, but i still feel bad, I mean.. she's a girl, I should've take care of her.

"I'm tired. I wanna go home."She said.
"Sure. Let's go." I said.

I take her home, the whole ride is silent, she started to fell asleep. And when we arrived, she's not wake up yet. I decided to lift her up but when I take her arms to wrap my neck, she wakes up.

"What are you doing?"She asked, she takes her arm back from my neck.
"You look really tired, I wont wake you up, I'm gonna lift you up but you awake."I said.

She did not reply, she just smiled. She was about to got out of the car but I held her back.

"I'm sorry, once again." I said.
"Gosh, It's Ok, Jack,"She said, chuckling.
"I feel really bad."I said looking down.

I can feel her palm rub my shoulder, I look up to see her in the eyes.

"I'm happy to hang out with you exactly."She said smiling.
"Really?"I asked, chuckled.
"Yeah."
"We should go out sometimes then."
"Sounds great."
"I think, you need some rest. I walk you inside."I said, helped her got out of my porsche.

¤¤¤¤

Caitlin's POV

Jack and I walked into my house. My mom opened the door and smiled at us. I dont want to look tired, I dont want my mom wonder why I limp like this. I try to show my bright smile.

"Come on, get in."My mom said let us in.

Jack and I are sitting side by side . Mom offer a drink to Jack , but Jack
decided to go home.
"See U later Caitlin, Mrs.Hart."Kack said, smiled.
"OK."My mom replied.

Jack came home, I walked to my room but mom asked me. I let out a sigh.

"How was the--" I cut her off.
"Dont ask me now. I'm tired."
"Will you come down for dinner?"She asked again.
"Maybe."I said.

I'm flopping down on my bed, I take off my clothes and sleep just in my underwear and tank top as always. I began to fell asleep. I think I'm dreaming about Jack. I think I like him.

Ohh,, I cant believe it. I 'm going to engage a guy that I just know. Weird, maybe.

¤¤¤¤