Chapter 31

Jack's

"Caitlin? Babe, where are you?"

"I'm in the kitchen!"Caitlin shouted.

I immediately walked into the kitchen and saw that she was cooking, maybe for dinner.

I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind and rested my forehead on her shoulder.

"Huhh.. smells good." I whispered, lifting my head from her shoulder to kiss the crook of her neck then deeply inhaling her delicious smell neck.

"Jack.." She whined.

"What?" I asked, chuckling. "That smells good." I lied, pointing my index finger to the food on the fry pan.

She nudged my stomach playfully, laughing. I sat at the kitchen island and started a conversation with her.

After telling her one more joke, I stopped my laugh and prepared myself to tell her about the meeting at the North Carolina.

"Babe?"

"Yeah?"Caitlin replied, without looking up at me. She's paying more attention to the onions that she cuts.

"There is something I want to say." I said.

"What's that?" She asked without looking up again, but I'm not concerned with it and come back to talk.

"The day after tomorrow I will carry out a meeting." I said.

"Ok. Good luck then." She replied, smiling at me momentarily.

"Thank you."

"But the meeting will be held at North Carolina." I added.

"Jack.."

She looked at me, but her expression is.... flat, I can see her face seems like as if she doesnt want me to go.

"Will you be fine if I stay a while at North Carolina?" I asked, with a worried face.

"Umm, of course."She replied with a smile, and then back to cut the onions. "I couldnt hold back your meeting, that's none of my business but it is your business, means it really important to you. Am I right?" She said, smiling softly whike she spoke.

Can she look up at me now? I want to see her expression about me will leave her to North Carolina. Fucking onions!

Uhh,, I feel guilty for leaving her. I will definitely miss her.

"Cait, please answer it seriously. I feel bad that I'm going to leave you, I will miss you." I said.

"It's okay, Jack. I certainly will miss you too. So, finish your work as quickly as possible there so you can come home and get back to me."She replied, finally looking at me smiling.

"Thanks, babe. You really are the best for understanding me." I proudly said.

"It's Ok."

She continued cutting the onions and I kept looking at her. Uhh, I'm going to miss her.

Suddenly I saw a small tear drops from her eyes down to her soft cheeks. God, she must have thought of me, I feel really bad for leaving her.

I immediately hopped down from the kitchen island and hugged her tightly from behind, she just leaned her head back to my head that placed on her shoulder. Then we pulled away, the warmth of her body lost completely from my body. But looking at her, I smiled while she looked at me with a puzzle expression.

"Please, dont cry. I promise it wont be long." I said.

Caitlin laughed at the words that just came out of my mouth. Well, she got me confused now.