Chapter 13

Cameron's POV

I really feel guilty, I shouldnt have kissed her. If I wanted to get her back, I cant do it like that. I have to do it slowly.

I got in front of her, but I'm still looking down. I didnt dare to look at her angry face, I was afraid that if she'll kick me first before letting me speak.

"Listen, Cait. I'm sorry."I shake my head, sighing."I swear this is not gonna be a bullshit."I finally look up at her. She looks at me expressionless, idk if that's good or bad but i need to continue. "I'm really sorry. I understand that we can make it together anymore, but I hope you want to be friend with me."

And.. she did something I never expected. I thought she would ignore me and then going to leave or slap me again. But, she lean closer to me tip toeing and wrapped her arms around my shoulders, she pulls me into a hug, I hug her back. I smile, I'm glad she forgives me.

"I like to be friends with you."she said after releasing her arms.

"Thanks,"I replied, smiling.

"And sorry for slapped you."she said with a guilty face.

"It's Ok. I deserved it." I said.

"That means, we can still hang out together right?"I asked.

"Sure. As friends."She replied. Ouch, she have just friendzoned me, fuck.

"Does Jack come to pick you up?" I asked.

"Yeah. He always pick me up."She replied.

Jack always pick her up, I really dont like to hear it. I would like to invite Caitlin, but he will soon come to pick Caitlin up and then left me alone here.

 "Hello? earth to Cameron."Caitlin waved her hands at me, i immediately snapped out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"I chuckled.

"are you ok?"She asked.

Of course not, I really hate him.

"I'm fine. So,,, I'm gonna go home and--"

 I stop because Caitlin's phone rang, she picked it up.

"It's Ok, Jack.... oh come on, dont be so dramatic.... I understand that."She laughs as she rolls her eyes."Fine... Love you too.. bye.."I smile as I see her laughing but my smile immediately dropped because I know who's causing her to laugh.

She hang up and put her phone back to her pocket.

"Cam, are you busy today?"She asked doubtfuly.

"Not really. Why?"i replied.

"Well, Jack is really busy at work. He cant pick me up. How if we watch a movie in my house?"she offeres.

"Ofc, I would love to." I said, smiling.

"Ok. C'mon," she said.

We hop into my silver range rover then drive to her house.

¤¤¤¤

Caitlin's POV

We reached my house, I invited him in. My mom, Carina and Corey were in the living room. My mother saw Cameron then look at me completely confused.

I felt a little awkward here. My mother and Carina know that I and Cameron was dating for 5 years. But now I'm with Jack.

"Oh.. Cameron, when did you came back?"My mom asked, politely smile.

"3 days ago, Mrs.Hart."He replied, politely smiling back at her.

"Come take a sit with us."My mother offered.

"No, mom. Uumm,, we're going upstairs."I scrathed the back of my head, not sure if she's going to let him. "Uuuhh... we're going to watch a movie in my room."

"Sure. But, Caitlin.. can we talk alone?"My mother asked, look at Cameron then looking back at me.

"Sure."I simply said.

Me and my mother stop in the kitchen.

"What is he doing here?"She whispered-yelled.

"Mom, dont be so rude--"she cuts me off.

"Dont tell me that you're back with him and you leave Jack. Tomorrow is your engagement. I know, this engagement is what I want and Jack's parents wants but you said that yoy like him and you agreed with all of this thing, this engagement."She whispered-yelled. She ran her hand through her hair, sighing."You're back with him? After he left you this long?"her voice softened.

"Mom, listen to me. I'm not back with him, we're just friends. What's the matter if I invited him to come over to my room and watch a movie? We're not getting back together, I like Jack, and nothing can change that. "I explained, my mother soothing.

"Sweetie, did you told me the truth?"My mother asked a little relieved.

"I told you the truth, I will not lie to you. So, you dont have to worry, we're never getting back together and now we're just a friend."I said smiling.

"Thanks, Sweetheart."She softly whispered.

She hugged me, I hugged her back.

"I'm gonna be a bitch if we cancel this engagement to Gilinsky. Thanks, honey,"She whispered, stroking my back.

"I know." I replied.

I understand, my mother would feel guilty for Gilinsky who have prepared our engagement. I will not let my mom might feel like that.

Now it's hard for me to forget about Jack. He's always in my mind..

In my heart.

¤¤¤