Why Now. 2

With all the crap that's going on around the world, you kind of want to do what you can to protect the ones you love.
James Wan.

Bruce's Pov.

I was sitting at the dinner table but I had not even slightly touched my food. How could I eat with everything going on right now? I still couldn't believe she was dead, it said that she had been murdered by an ex-boyfriend who was mentally unstable. She apparently died right in front of her no, our daughter Alexis and after that Alexis apparently called the police, which in turn came right on time to arrest the killer. Normally I would never believe that I had a daughter but the evidence was there, apparently, Lucy, had the doctors take a blood test on our daughter and had the results(including the DNA) put on Alexis's profile, which I had taken a blood sample of my own to compare it to and it was a match.

I still couldn't believe I had a daughter. I took my phone out and opened Alexis's Profile and read everything again.

Name: Alexis Vita Bianchi
Age: 11
Gender: Female
Birthdate(+year): 21-December-20**
Birth Country: California- U.S.A(Sacramento)
Blood Type: AB
Mother: Annalisa Tessa Bianchi(Deceased)
Father: Unknown
Siblings: None
Other Family: None

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Gray with a hint of Blue
Skin Tone: Fair
Body Shape: Very thin
Weight: 18.8 lb (8.5 kg)
Height: 28.7" (72.8 cm)

Current Living Conditions: Orphanage(Beechbrook) in Akron (Ohio)
Current School: Akron Public School (Ohio)
Previous Foster Homes: 6 and counting
Previous Adoption: 1(Family Deceased)

Personality Report: Alexis(or Alex as she prefers to be called) is a very quiet girl, she's often by herself reading or writing. She's a very lone wolf type of child witch is very concerning all tho with the past that she has it's not uncommon. She's also very mature for her age and quite frankly she's a child genius, she's also shown since of having very keen observation skills, which is also a high lightly reason why she does not like to be around children her age. We are considering getting taken an IQ test on her to make sure that she gets the right help and support that she needs. It has also come to our attention that she was being bullied at school, we have tried our best to make sure that it doesn't happen again however we can not be certain, which is also why we are trying to find a new school to relocate her too.

I had read the whole file over and over again and I still couldn't believe I had a daughter. Apparently, after Annalisa was murdered Alexis or Alex was sent into the system and ended up in an orphanage in Akron, Ohio. She had been in the system ever since then, thrown around from one foster family to another, and one was worse than the other. She had been beaten and abused in 2 out of the 6 foster families and another tried to make her take drugs. What was scarier than the list of different reasons why she was taken out of a foster home, was her medical recorded. It was horrifying to look at.

I felt extremely guilty I mean if I had only known that she was my daughter she would never have to go through those horrible things that no child should ever go through, however here I was saving lives and stopping criminals but the one crime that I could have stopped, the one life I could have saved without being Batman, I didn't.

But no more, she would never have to suffer like that, ever again I would make sure of that. I stood up from the chair and almost sprinted to my office. I sat down at my desk and began furiously typing, and then I finally found it. The phone number to the Orphanage Beechbrook in Akron Ohio.

~Time Skip~

Alexis's Pov.

It was a normal day for me. Wake up, take a shower, put my clothes on, go down and get breakfast with the others, go to school, get home, do some activities that Miss Tucker had planned out, get dinner, go to bed and stay up late and read. But in the middle of my English class, something strange happened...