Bill Williamson: Sanity

Bill Williamson X Female Reader

Summary: Bill can feel his sanity slipping, is it too late to save his mind? You will try your best to get him back on the right path and keep him sane.

WARNINGS: Alcoholism and Addiction

Word Count: 2300

You were sitting at the campfire with Bill and some other members of the gang. Javier, Hosea and Arthur. The four of you talking, sharing stories over a few drinks. It was a pleasant evening.

"Y'know, I..." Bill's voice caught the attention of the four of you, assuming that he was about to tell you all something but his voice drifted off. "I was...shit!" he cursed, his sudden change in demeanour making you flinch slightly, purely out of surprise. Then a frown slowly began to appear on your face, you knew where this was going.

"I can't remember what I was gonna say. I...I can't remember..." Bill confessed. It wasn't the first time he had forgotten something like that, you could hear the distress in his voice and it broke your heart. "Y'know they say that's the first sign of madness? Is forgetting shit. I had something real interesting I was going to tell you all. And I...I can't. It would have been amazing!" frustration seemed to be radiating off of him.

"Shit, shit" Bill cursed to himself. It was tense around the campfire now, not even Hosea knew where to look or what to say. It was beyond a delicate situation.

"Bill, it's alright" you assured him as you placed your hand on his, hoping to provide some comfort.

"I'm sorry. I am annoyed with myself" Bill admitted, his voice quieter now.

"Arthur, can I talk to you for a moment?" Hosea cleared his throat, tilting his head over to another part of the camp. Arthur just nodded before standing up and patting Javier's shoulder. Javier nodded as well and stood up with the two men. The three of them walked away to give you both some privacy to talk.

"You know, my-my daddy started forgetting things. And it didn't turn too good for him in the end. I just hope that...I'm not gonna gave that kind of future. May he rest in peace. See he...alright, he...he liked moonshine with his whiskey and he said it was something about the combination. And by the time he passed, he didn't know his left from his right. It's bad business. I just hope that's not what's happening to me" Bill told you. You knew little about his father but Bill had mentioned him once or twice, nothing particularly good. "It's...I don't like mixing drinks. Alright? That's the problem, is mixing. Just, don't" he said but you weren't sure who he was trying to convince, you or himself. You knew that deep down Bill knew that he was wrong, that it wasn't the mixing that was dangerous.

"Bill, that isn't going to happen to you. I never knew your father but I think he's led you wrong about this" you sighed, lacing your fingers through his and giving his hand a reassuring squeeze.

"What do you mean?" he asked with a mumble, only able to glance at you.

"I've known drunks in my time, it ain't mixing drinks that messes with your head...it's alcohol in general. It effects your mind..." you told him, noticing the way that he only stared at the bottle of beer in his hand. "You know that I love you, I always have and always will. But...if you want to make a change, to avoid ending up like your father...I'll support you through that" you assured him. You had worried about his drinking before but knew that he couldn't make a change until he wanted too, you just wanted him to be alright. Most importantly, you wanted him to be happy.

"You're too good for me, you always have been" Bill continued to mumble but this time he squeezed your back in return, letting you know that he was listening to you and that he was taking your words seriously.