Micah Bell: Innocent-Minded

Micah Bell X Shy and Innocent-minded Female Reader

Summary: You can't be sheltered from Micah's inappropriate comments forever.

Word Count: 2000

You were sitting at one of the tables in the camp, sewing up a hole in one of Arthur's shirts. Micah took a sip from his beer bottle before he placed it on the ground and stood from his seat at the campfire. He started walking straight over to you, a smirk already growing on his face.

"Y'know, Y/n, you're quite the woman" Micah's voice broke you out of your thoughts, making you turn your attention away from the task at hand and towards him.

"Thank you..." you smiled softly, hoping you weren't blushing too much. It wasn't the first time that Micah had started an interaction with some sort of compliment but it always effected you the same way.

"Quite the woman indeed" he hummed, leaning against the table as he looked down at you.

"Thank you, Mr Bell" you thanked him again, returning your attention to Arthur's shirt as you continued repairing the item.

"Enough of that, just call me Micah" he insisted, tapping his foot against your ankle, making you look up at him.

"Very well, Micah" you smiled kindly up at him. You knew about the things that Micah had done, that he probably didn't deserve your kindness but that never stopped you from somewhat enjoying his company.

"You could make a feller real happy...bet you know how" Micah hummed again, a smirk on his face. These were the moments that you hated. When Micah would make a comment and smirk about it, comments that you rarely understood.

Micah had been interested in you since he first spoke to you and you had looked at him with that clueless expression, completely unaware of what he was suggesting. He had thought that it might be more annoying than anything, that it would eventually get boring but that was far from the truth. He loved messing with you but you were the only person who he didn't maliciously mess with, he genuinely liked you.

"I'm not sure I know what you mean" you frowned a little. Micah opened his mouth to say something, to hopefully explain himself, but was interrupted by Miss Grimshaw.

"Mr Bell, leave the poor girl alone" Grimshaw sighed as she walked over to you both, a hint of a threat in her voice. Micah just rolled his eyes before pushing himself off of table and walking away from the two of you. You watched him walk away with a confused look on your face, sometimes you felt like you were apart of some joke that you didn't understand.

Miss Grimshaw looked down at you and sighed to herself, shaking her head before just walking away. In all honesty, she felt bad for you. You had an innocence and naivety that was very rare in this lifestyle, she could see how that was a good thing but she felt bad that you couldn't see Micah's intentions.

-----

You gasped quietly as Jack ran straight into you, nearly knocking himself over in the process. "Sorry, Y/n!" Jack apologised, looking up at you with wide eyes.

"It's alright, just slow down" you laughed softly, shaking your head at him. Jack smiled brightly at you before running off again, making you laugh again.

"You're a sweet little thing, ain't ya?" Micah asked from behind you, making you stop laughing and spin around to face him.

"Oh...well, thank you, Micah" you smiled a little, not sure how to take that comment. Yes, it was a compliment but it was a strange compliment, especially when it was that random.