Chapter 17

- Maddie
After realizing I was thinking for so long I put my cup away I went upstairs to change into something comfortable so I could take a walk.

I put on sweatpants and a Champion hoodie. I slipped on my uggs and grabbed my keys and phone.

I walked out the door and the cold air hit me. Across the street Charles was standing there.
When he spotted me he shouted.

"Where ya heading"
"Um since it's 1:47 pm I was just walking getting some fresh air" I smile.
The only time I met Charles was when me and Joey was going to the mall he was on the phone in Uber and invited Charles his pal to come with us. Charles was really sweet He would always look at me and when I look he would look away.
We never really talk we just like each other Instagram pictures and watch each others Snapchat Stories.
He walked over towards me
"Well I was just heading for lunch at the pizza place would you like to come with me?" He asked.

"Sure Charles " I smiled.
I always thought Charles was cute but we never really speak to each other. Not even in home room. We have the same home room class he always does his work and is always quiet.

When we were walking we seen a picture of a movie cover on a wall next to the pizza shop.

"I really wanna see that movie " I said. I seen the movie preview on YouTube ads and stuff.

"Romance? Let's go watch it " He smiles.
"Watch this movie?! do you not see how I look I'm literally wearing sweatpants and a hoodie with uggs come on Char" I laugh.

"Maddie you look fine just let's watch the movie it starts in 15 minutes it's right down the street"

"I'm not going unless you give me a piggy back ride to the movies" I smile.

He reaches down and I jump on his back.
I take videos and pictures and post them on Snapchat and Instagram.

When we get to the movies I Order us food which is popcorn candy and 2 bottles of sprite.

Charles is waiting for me by the line.
"Let's go get the tickets " he says .

I walk beside him.

" 2 tickets for the movie Midnight Sun please" Char tells the worker.

I get ready to pull out my left over change.
But Char stops me.

"I got it " He smiles.
I let him pay for it. (The movie Midnight Sun haven't came out where I live yet but if you watched it let me know how it is ).

- after the movie.

We watched the movie I cried he wiped my tears. Like literally wiped my tears for me. I hope he didn't see me blush. The movie was so long when we got out it was 4:50 pm.

"I'm hungry" he laughs.
"Same" I agree.

"Let's get the pizza " he smiles.

I nod. We walk to the pizza place I get pepperoni pizza and he gets cheese. I tell him everything about my self well the good things about me which is very little.
I don't tell him how me and Joey are friends with benefits or how fucking lonely I feel.

He tells me about how much he loves art and his supporters.

He smiles a lot he makes me laugh and he tells jokes that are actually funny.

After 3 hours of talking and eating we leave.
We walk as slow as we can to my house.

"I had a great time " He smiles.

"Me too" what am I blushing for?

"We should hang out again " he says.
"Yea we should"

I like his hair color I wanna dye my hair.
"I'm dying my hair tomorrow " I say without a stutter.
"What color" He smiles again.

"Brunette " my hair is black.

"That would be pretty I should come over and help you my mom has a box of dye she doesn't use I could bring it over and help you" He says.

"Sure fine with me well I'll see you tomorrow than let me give you my number" I say.

We exchange numbers.
"Goodnight Madison " He smiles.
"Goodnight Charles " I smile back.

He walks away disappearing in the evening dark.

I walk into my house and my sister is there sitting on the couch.
"Hey Mia" I say.
"Your in a good mood today you never say Hi to me" She says. She's not drunk or high I think.

" Just had a good day so far have you heard Of mom" I asked.

"Yea she told me to tell you she's been really busy and she can't talk to you when she wants to she also really misses you and she would be back in time before your birthday " Mia smiles.

"Should of known that's cool I guess I'm gonna get ready for bed" I smile and walk upstairs.

My birthday is on April 10th that's next month. Whatever I sigh.

I change into a new pair of underwear and a shirt I brush my teeth and lay in bed while listening to the music that's playing on my laptop.

*incoming call from Joey *
Me: "Hello?"
Joey:"you were with Charles today I seen on his Snapchat and yours"
Me: " Yea and?"
Joey: "Nothing goodnight I was just calling to say goodnight"
Me: "Goodnight"
End of conversation
What's the point of calling? I texted Charles.

Start of conversation
Me: Goodnight Char I enjoyed myself 😊
Char😊❤️: same for me I'll see you tomorrow Goodnight ❤️
Read at 8:54 pm
I laid in bed than sleep took over me.

What cha think? I'll update whenever I can byeee😊❤️ |word count 950|