chapter 68

- joey
- the next day
ever since that talk with me and Chrissy she's been blowing my line non stop about it.

i'm not trying to get into a relationship right now  i'm just confused . I don't know what i want.

it's 3:05 am and i'm up again . I could never sleep that's probably why i'm always so tired .Mom says she's getting worried about me because i barely leave my room. But i'm telling her that i'm just playing video games and i'm gonna start going to school on time again.

me: you up again ?
madison : yes, hey!
me: hey. i can never sleep.
madison: same .
me: what did you do today ?
madison: nothing. i stayed in all day. i didn't really wanna talk to anyone. i had to catch up on my school work . you?
me : school. i'm always late but i'm getting better.
madison: about that, hows that dirty ass school anyways?
me: nothing changed.
madison: i see.
joey: you know, i wanted to say sorry again. i was such a fucking asshole.
madison: ok.
joey: i have to go .

- 2 months later.
——————-
9:46 pm

Me , Mom, and sophia is sitting at the dinner table. Mom cooked us a nice dinner. It's been awhile since she did this.
She's been stressed with dad uninvited visits.
i hate him so much. it's hard to say that about your own father but it's true.

" I know it's late. I haven't cooked in awhile and you guys need decent meals " she says.

" you're good , mom" i smile.
she smiles back but her smile instantly fades away by the heavy knock on the door.

" i got it!" sophia starts.

mom stops her.

" let me get it"

mom gets up and walks to the door.

we hear it open and she says , " here again?".

" I just wanna see my kids" the familiar voice says.

I know who it is.

Sophia looks at me wide eyed.

" dad?" she whispers .

i shake my head.

i can't let him be here. i start to get up but sophia says " joey, it's okay. Control yourself "

" he's not supposed to be here! you know-"

" mom is handling it." sophia cuts me off.

—/
gn :)